Here's Me, any advice?

Hi, umm dont know where to start…

Last year i was throwing around 75 and this past year i was only hitting 70 and it felt like i had no pop on my pitches so thats something i’m really concerned with b/c i thought i would’ve topped 80 this spring, can anyone help me with this?

secondly, i’ve had a hard time making the high school team b/c i dont think my coach likes homeschoolers, but i play legion (summer and fall) will this affect me greatly negatively when it comes to colleges? I’ve recieved letters from a few schools and showcases and tournaments because they like my mechanics and control, but how much negative air is let in with these two problems?

[quote=“NC15”]Hi, umm dont know where to start…

Last year i was throwing around 75 and this past year i was only hitting 70 and it felt like i had no pop on my pitches so thats something i’m really concerned with b/c i thought i would’ve topped 80 this spring, can anyone help me with this?[/quote]
A drop in velocity could be due to a number of different reasons such as an injury, dead arm/overuse, a mechanics issue, or just a period of inactivity. But I couldn’t tell you what yuor specific reason is.

If you rely only on “getting seen” to make it to the college level, then not playing high school ball would be a disadvantage. But you can take other actions to help yourself out though I’m not an expert on that. I believe there have been prior posts about looking up and contacting college coaches. Maybe search this site for those posts.

What are some ways to treat dead arm? that sounds likely…

See the first post by me in
http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4629&highlight=dead+arm][u]this thread[/u

thanks i was searching forever for that thread last night