Help

I work out at least 2 to 3 times a week. But i haven’t gained any mph on my fastball. I want to gain 5 to 8 mph on my fastball. I don’t want to spend that much money on it. Can any one give me a work out program to help me.

What are you doing now and how long have you been doing it? Be as specific as you can.

i have been doing a core exercise for 10 weeks now. It consists of squats, military presses, front step ups, mixed grip pullup reverse-grip bench press, one arm-morizontal pullups, and a plank exercise.

i have been doing a core exercise for 10 weeks now. It consists of squats, military presses, front step ups, mixed grip pullup reverse-grip bench press, one arm-morizontal pullups, and a plank exercise.

Have you been doing the same exercises for the 10 weeks? Have you been changing the rep and set scheme?

Anyway, if you have seen gains in strength since starting the workouts, then it could just be a matter of neural adaptation that is taking a while. In simpler terms, you have gotten stronger but your body does not know how to apply the strength in terms of throwing a baseball. The more you practice, the more efficient the muscle will get in performing the action of pitching, and therefore velocity increases.

I know I link this workout a lot, but if you want to find an offseason workout, start with DeFranco’s program and go from there.
http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/WS4SB.pdf