Help With Weight Loss

Pft, gaining weight. I wish I was in a position to be starting one of those threads instead.

My problem is that I’m too heavy. I certainly don’t want to be losing a ton of weight, because as I tweak my mechanics I am slowly learning to make it more and more beneficial, ala guys like Bobby Jenks and CC Sabathia.

However, I would still be much more effective if I could shed maybe 10-15lbs over the course of this summer, or at least help turn some of that into muscle. I am 19, 6’3" and 250lbs, topping out in the high 70’s. Nothing special, but I’ve got some great accuracy and good junk to keep guys fooled.

I thought I was doing pretty well with a workout program over the winter, until I found out that I had stayed right around the same.

So what are some suggestions you guys have for helping me reach this goal? Besides 14 hour a day workouts, which is simply not possible.

Also, I’m not looking for some quick fix that will magically make everything great, but what are some over the counter vitamin type supplements that would assist me in doing this along with a better workout program?

I recommend a comprehensive weight training course that relies mostly on compound lifts, such as squats, deadlifts, and cleans. In addition, if you’re serious about fat loss, High Intensity Interval Training

might be for you.

As for supplements, I wouldn’t bother beyond a standard multivitamin. Keep your meals small and frequent (4-5 smaller meals per day), and stick to a Zone-type diet with clean sources of carbohydrates and fats (fruits, veggies, unsaturated fats).

Good luck!

buy hand histories
http://www.hhsmithy.com

the only way to lose fat is with cardio. no amount of weight training or crunches will get rid of body fat. i recomend some form of interval training. the longer and higher you keep your heart rate up the more fat you burn. next i would recomend eat less! try cutting back on the carbs, its a trick alot of body builders have used. dont cut too many because you need them to fuel workouts but getting rid of a slice of bread here and there and other little changes could make a big difference.

Dump some carbs out of your diet. Here is an easy way to help you lose some weight. Eat low carbs in the morning and low carbs at night. Night time binge eating is the number one eating disorder in america. Also make your last meal of the day 2 hours before you go to bed. Make it low carb. If you follow that and workout hard you will lose weight.

Uhhhh, dude, u should be more careful about your advice. Weight training does assist, greatly, in fat loss.

Pitching807 I agree with you 100%. I have been doing just weight training 3 times a week and walking for an hour everyday and I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks only fat no muscle. I know this because I have fat caliperied myself at the end of each week. I’m on a really low calorie diet. So cardio isnt the only way to lose fat.

Northpaw if you take in the right nutrtion and workout hard you can lose weight.

Daytona you should definitly watch what you post because cardio isnt the only way to lose fat. I would much rather weight train to lose weight than do cardio. Its more fun for me to watch what I eat and eat clean than do cardio.

[quote=“ChadM”]Pitching807 I agree with you 100%. I have been doing just weight training 3 times a week and walking for an hour everyday and I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks only fat no muscle. I know this because I have fat caliperied myself at the end of each week. I’m on a really low calorie diet. So cardio isnt the only way to lose fat.

Thats great about ur weightloss. I myself am “dieting” at the moment too. I too walk daily, for one+ hours and weight training and such. Lost 30 pound since January. Keep it up man, and best of luck

Pitchking807 you keep up the good work man. That is awesome, 30 pounds. I have found that waking makes a huge diffrence on a low calorie diet. I always got burnt out from doing cardio and what not when dieting before. Walking is definitly great because you can burn an extra 400 calories, (in an hour) just by walking. Plus its relaxing.

You sound like me 6 months ago. i was 250 lbs and 6’2" with a bf% of 28.6%. im now 235lbs with 21.8% bf.

Cardio and diet. I walk about 7 hours a day for work. Being i doubt u have that type of time on ur hands HIIT would work for you. and diet. Low carbs, high protien.

Im also into the weights. I squat 440 pounds max (1 rep) but i work at 80% effort. Ive found my weight starting to increase now but thats life :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck :slight_smile: