Help with Pitching flaw

My son just turned 12 and throws 58-64 he plays SS when he’s not pitching, my problem with him is when his left foot lands he stands up and throws up hill which kills his velocity. he has a great arm from the SS postion and has even played on 60/90 diamond and just can;t seem to get him to bend his back any ideas??? :?: :?:

A player that can’t or won’t bend, even the slightest, when pitching usually experiences the following:

The youngster’s build is slim and tall. This player has a high center of gravity – from the sternum up. Most movement is focused above the beltline and the arms and shoulders rarely rotate with any follow through. The stride leg starts off stiff and stays that way pretty much throughout their delivery. Pitches are usually high, and repeatedly during an appearance. Soreness and stiffness in the lower back and at the base of the neck is common.
The youngster’s build is husky and heavy set. This player has a girth that will not allow a smooth setup and delivery of any kind. The final report upon release is usually a strong flick of the wrist followed by an upright stance with a very short stride. This youngster’s repeated appearance will inevitably cause pain in the elbow and soreness in the legs - especially the ankles.
Very poor surface conditions on the mound. Of all the problems that a youngster can get blindsided by, none are more common and repeatedly overlook than the surface quality of a pitcher’s mound. Holes, uneven slope, wet spots after rain, a pitcher’s rubber that’s bonded to a concrete slab that sticks eight inches out of the ground, clumps of grass and weeds, sandy and top soil compositions are just a few of the problems. Trying to teach, much less coach a youngster in the proper methods and
techniques of the pitching are virtually impossible, when even simple balance is an issue.
Trying to “self teach” from books and videos. There are some terrific teaching aids out there and I would be the first to encourage their use. But, (and here it comes) a kids has to have reasonable help and honest opinions on how things are going. Trying to copy, say — Orel Hershiser by watching his stint with the Mets is admirable, but Hershiser’s style may not be for everyone.
>Being a pitcher is demanding and work – especially for a youngster who likes to just play the game. Although dad my have Hall of Fame eyes for his pride – playing short, center or some other spot on the club may be a lot better for the boy, then being the center of attention, and the object of criticism.
>And last but not least is —good coaching. Pitching is a thing that most coaches in the general population of baseball lack. So, ask for some observations of your son by a local college coach who has a pitching coach. This may be time consuming for you in the beginning, but it will be worth it in the long run.
IN THE MEANTIME, POST YOU SON ON THIS SITE. YOU’LL GET SOME GREAT FEEDBACK. YOU’LL ALSO FIND NO BETTER OF A PLACE TO GET HONEST,HELPFUL AND SINCERE ADVICE. Simply follow the instructions on how to post your video.
I wish you and your son the best.
Coach B.

Like Coach B. said, post some video so we can provide some good feedback. Otherwise, there are too many variables to guess at. Although, I’ll take a wild guess that his stride is too short. But I won’t guess at the cause of the short stride. Again, too many variables.