help with my mechanics.

Hello, I am a 14 year old life-long utility player in Babe Ruth League, next year WILL be my last year in youth basbeall because I am homeschooled, and therefore, cannot join the High School Baseball team.

so basically I am trying to get as good as possible for next year, anyway, I pitched for the first time (Practice or not) in a game last week and coach said if I worked at it, I could be an ace by next year, so I have been working on that for the past week.

so we went to the fields today to get some video of my mechanics, first thing you’ll probably notice is, I have glasses on, well, I just had a bout of Sinus Drainage and I can’t put my contacts in till I get all the snot cleared out.

I have noticed the following from the video:

1. I am reaching more towards the second baseman, than actually at second base.

2. My arm slot is a little low.

3. that I L-S-L my arm (Longarm-Shortarm-Longarm)

4. my Stride is WAAAAY too short, I could nearly double stride length and still be comfortable.

5. I need to speed up my pace a little during the actual pitch and slow it down in between them.

6. I need to work on my follow-through, sometimes I muscle-up and don’t.

7. I need to try and stay consistent.

also, if you think my wind-up looks like Daisuke Matsuzaka’s I will take that as a compliment, he is my favorite pitcher and I’ve been emulating him since I started pitching last week.

From wat i can see from this angle your glove arm, you dont lift it high enough or pull it into your chest hard enough, you leave your glove on your thigh, bring it up to your chest. This should give you added downward force keeping the ball down. You pause at the top of the pitch, as in when you knee comes up you pause at the top. Try and have less of a pause so the momentum you build flows continuesly without a break.

After a couple of your pitches it looks like hurt your elbow, did you? also could you post a vid from the side view that will give a better angle to look at your mech.

[quote=“Booma”]From wat i can see from this angle your glove arm, you dont lift it high enough or pull it into your chest hard enough, you leave your glove on your thigh, bring it up to your chest. This should give you added downward force keeping the ball down. You pause at the top of the pitch, as in when you knee comes up you pause at the top. Try and have less of a pause so the momentum you build flows continuesly without a break.

After a couple of your pitches it looks like hurt your elbow, did you? also could you post a vid from the side view that will give a better angle to look at your mech.[/quote]

on the first pitch I still wasn’t warm, on the 2nd one my mom was talking to me, on the third pitch my dad was, no elbow problems, if anything my GS shoulder hurt from when my dad beaned me 15 minutes earlier in batting practice.

and yeah, I’ll get the side view vid up tomorrow, but there were smudges on the lens we didn’t see and the view WILL suck.

as for the glove, yeah I noticed that on second glance. I’ll work on that. I just put so much focus into the plate and throwing as much body power into my PAS arm as possible that sometimes I forget my GS arm even exists.

Too much pause in your wind up and delivery. Velocity comes from the core i.e., rotational force. You need to lead and explode with the hips and plant solidly to generate rotational force towards the plate.

Check out this wind up an delivery: http://www.letstalkpitching.com/images/tim_lincecum.mpeg