Help with curveball?

My curveball just isnt moving that great, and sometimes its just not moving at all. I think I just figured out why but idk. What I thought was, I may be throwing it like a football and snapping my wrist when I should be throwing with my palm inward, right? But if you guys can help fell free. It is just kinda weird because last year I could throw curves a bit and occasionally some real nasty ones, but now it just kinda frollicks through the air.

How about trying a knuckle-curve? 8)

The thing is, I want to throw a knuckle-curve, but I cant even throw a curve or slider. I always throw wild pitches when I try to throw them. I cant get the right spin and they have no movement. I try but they just go flying everywhere.

Are you also having similar trouble with your fastball and your changeup, assuming you have those pitches? If so, you had better get with a really good pitching coach and take a good long look at your mechanics—something is very wrong there, and you might have to go back to square one. A pitcher who is all over the place is not going to be of any help to his team, and I don’t think you want that, now do you? :roll:

I don’t pitch for my team yet because 1. We only had two practice because the others were all rained out. And 2. I need to be more accurate and throw good pitches and strikes before coach puts me in. My fastball and change up are pretty good. Sometimes I throw balls, but nothing wild. I do think I should work on those more so I am consistent at throwing very good with fastballs and change ups. I think it is just the hand movement that gets me, because I’m not used to it. I just saw a video by a guy on YouTube called FCorral34, he is very good at teaching I think and I am going to try his CB and Knuckle CB method to see if it works better.

Your mechanics need to be in order to (1) develop consistent control, (2) maximize velocity, and (3) maximize movement. A release point that is out in front of your front foot will produce better movement. Get your hand on the side of the ball before the arm starts forward but otherwise don’t try to do anything special (e.g. don’t flick the thumb as if you’re snapping your fingers, don’t cup your wrist, etc.).

Thanks for the help everyone, but I think what I am going to do is practice just the 4 seam and 2 seam and change up to build maximum velocity and control. I am also h=going to get a pitching coach (if someone can find one for me, since I dont really know what to look for in a pitching coach, that would be great. I live in the detroit metro area of Michigan for $30 or less an hour, that would be great) I found one already. It is mainly because I learn better being taught personally, not so much over words.