HELP ! Shoulder Pain

[b]Hi I’m from Aruba, i’m 21 right now…I’ve been pitching since i was 8 i think…
now i got an shoulder pain every time i throw… my fastball was in the 90’s right now i think in in he lower 80’s or even high 70’s, i tried running for conditioning…putting Ice…Going To Gym to make y shoulder Stronger…Got An X-ray…to see if everything is good with bones ,it’s good…The Prob is that medical threatment is limited…SUX
Right now i’m going to therapy…the therapist is working on a muscle, i think the muscle that holds my shoulder i think…it has a bump
but i’m going for to months now…the pain is still there…my arm is in good condition…only my shoulder hurts…don’t know what more to do…
Here in aruba they don’t know what it is… So i’m trying forums to see…if i can find an sort of idea.
Sry for my bad English…haha Not Native Language

Raizen Albertsz,[/b] :?

Hello to you Raizen

I am sorry that this wasn’t answered sooner.
If you have no good doctor available and the physical therapy isn’t helping any, I would say your very best bet right now is to just stop throwing. I know it will be difficult, but without a proper diagnosis and treatment you are doing no good for yourself to pitch with pain. Give yourself 6 months to let your body heal, eat as healthy diet as you can, condition the rest of your body but don’t throw. I hope and pray you’ll feel better. Do continue your therapy until they say you have to stop. When you start back up, start slow and measured.

[b]Don’t worry…i’m glad that you replied.
You that’s the thing, i stopped playing baseball for almost a year and a half,because of the pain…and then i went to live in Costa Rica…now i’m back…began training running, & the pain is still there, right now i’m putting ice everyday,but the same,'m running on a diet…and the thing is in 2 weeks is the playoffs…so got to throw…because of the pain…i’m a closer right now…1 to max 2 innings, & the teamis short on pitchers so…that a prob…i know if a keep throwing, it’s gonna get worse…what do u think that should i do…if i wanna get medical treatment…like going to Venezuela…MRI or what???
Just to have an idea…

Raizen Albertsz,[/b]

Your best bet is with a dye injected mri, if it can’t be found any other way. You really shouldn’t push yourself until you can find out what is wrong. It can have lifelong consequences. You didn’t mention where the pain is 9Front or back deep in or surface).
Anyway no forum will be able to fix you. Hopefully you can get healed without surgery, please do get medical attention.

[b]FINALLY…i Got a diagnosis…i went to a chiropractor here in Aruba…the only one too…He’s also a Pitcher…so i talk to him about my pain…he checked me out.
He found out that my Collar Bone is out of place…and a shoulder muscle is rubbing against it…and that is what’s causing the intense pain…now he’s working on it to put it back in place…but as you said…he told me to stop throwing for the moment…till he can look at an MRI…to see…if the muscle is damaged…if not…that means i can throw play offs, i got an appointment 15 of NOV for the MRI…i think the reason that my Collar Bone got out of place is…that i am in the sport of Atv-ing…like motocross…and i’ve fallen quite a few times…so i think that cause all of this…right now i’m on a power training to be on my peek for december…because i got a call from a scout from Pittsburg Pirates…he’s coming down…to Aruba to see me throw…and the thing is i’m 21 so a little old…and right handed…that’s why i got to throw in the 90’s …hopefuly i wil recover…let’s see
Wel thanks for answering my forum…and keep on te good work with this website…it rocks…
see ya…take care

Raizen Albertsz
ARUBA [/b]