Help required

I am 5’7 and 120lbs. I play JV for my HS. I throw about 70mph and i have just started taking creatine… i would like help in my quest to achive greater velocity. I’m looking for some advice which might help me gain weight and other things i can do that might help me

thanks

What type of creatine are you taking and what type of strength program are you on?

I am taking GNC amplified creatine 189

i’m improving my strength in the weight room and i’m doing my regular pitching drills we do during baseball practice

I am taking GNC amplified creatine 189

i’m improving my strength in the weight room and i’m doing my regular pitching drills we do during baseball practice[/quote]

Save your money and for for plain creatine mono from a reputable manufacturer.

I got 500 grams from biotest for 13 bucks.

Creatine mono is the only distro that any of the research is actually supporting. Infact, a hugely popular version of creatine, CEE, was highly touted as being more effective and a whole bunch of stuff, when they finally studied it, they proved it to be worthless.

I don’t see any research supporting GNC’s claims, it just looks like a way to sell the same or even subpar product for 3 times the cost.

When you are 120 pounds, creatine should be an afterthought. Food should be your number 1 priority right now. Eat every 3 hours, lots of protein, healthy fat, and veggies with each meal. See how that affects your weight and make adjustments from there. 1-2 pounds a week is where you want to be, but you might need to eat upwards of 3500 calories a day to get there based on metabolism.

If you want to find a workout that basically guarantees you’ll gain weight, look into Rippetoe’s Starting Strength. He outlines an extremely simple lifting schedule that is designed to build strength and help you gain size. It does involve lots of barbell squats and drinking a gallon of milk a day, but it is fairly effective (the program is jokingly referred to as “squats and milk”). There is also DeFranco’s WS4SB articles that deal with program design: http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/WS4SB.pdf

There’s no magic bullet, it’s going to be a tough road to go if you want to gain the weight. Nobody here can do the work for you, you have to be motivated to succeed.

Everything KC said is spot on. Food will be the greatest way for gaining size. Of course you’ll want to up your protein intake. Protein is the building block for muscle.
The creatine you have is low dose. You’d want to take 2 before and after your workouts. On non workout days 2 in the morning and 2 later in the afternoon. When you look at creatines, Creatine Ethyl Ester is the best because it does not leave you with the water weight creatine monohydrate leaves you with. You obviously don’t need to worry about that so you can go with the cheaper. Make sure you get 1-3 grams before and after your workouts.