Help Please

I am a lefty pitcher that throws 80-81 mph consistient. What can I be doing to help get my velocity up in the mid 80’s? Thanks

Well for starters,

What weight lifting program are you doing?

What cardio program are you doing?

What throwing program are you doing?

Can you get any video up of yourself in a game situation?

I am weightlifting at our school. I bench 265 and squat 380. I run some and do sprints for cardio. I have a few videos I posted on here of me pitching.

You need to get onto some solid lifting, running and throwing programs then because what you’ve described doesn’t sound to be very organized or baseball specific.

FWIW benching will kill your shoulder.

Check out guys like Eric Cressey for lifting programs.

Wolforth, Jaegar, Nyman for throwing programs

Or even TuffCuff for a full 52 week program, both throwing and lifting.

yea…thats our program for ya

powerlifting technique in the bench will protect your body… elbows tucked and a tight back arch

look up ■■■■■■■■■■■.net… most likely your not quick enough to transfer power

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]You need to get onto some solid lifting, running and throwing programs then because what you’ve described doesn’t sound to be very organized or baseball specific.

FWIW benching will kill your shoulder.

Check out guys like Eric Cressey for lifting programs.

Wolforth, Jaegar, Nyman for throwing programs

Or even TuffCuff for a full 52 week program, both throwing and lifting.[/quote]
All good suggestions. Also, try to increase your flexibility through some stretching exercises.

Check out the workout and butrition section of the forum. There is a great training program posted by vtpitch21 on Feb 25.

It is probably the best program I’ve seen so far. My HSV son recently started this program and loves it.