Help My Lower Body! (Vids)

Hey Guys,

Well, last Thursday we had the last game of our season. I pitched and got the win, 7-2 in 6 innings.

Anyways, I have some film from it, and my lower body is seriously looking bad. I get absolutely NOTHING out of them. I don’t know what I can do, but if anyone has any advice or can help, I’d really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ryan

I’m sure we could nit-pick about all kinds of minute details but I’ll advise that you just lengthen your stride. It’s very, very short. The idea is to generate sideways momentum for a longer period of time during the stride. The length of it will be determined by the momentum, not by reaching. Don’t get bogged down in a bunch of detail right now. Just generate more momentum, longer into a longer stride. Keep it simple.

Okay that sounds like an easy fix with some repitition. Thank you.
But, when you say you could nitpick my mechanics, are you saying I have a ton of flaws? If so, could you share? I’d really like to fix any problems if I can now that I have a month or two off.

Okay that sounds like an easy fix with some repitition. Thank you.
But, when you say you could nitpick my mechanics, are you saying I have a ton of flaws? If so, could you share? I’d really like to fix any problems if I can now that I have a month or two off.

it could just be me but your legs look a bit wobbly… strengthening them along with what dm said could possibly help a lot

[quote=“SP1B”]But, when you say you could nitpick my mechanics, are you saying I have a ton of flaws?[/quote]Not at all. Things don’t look bad, really. What I meant was that some of us (meaning me :smiley: ) on this board like to get down to very small details on every part of mechanics. I don’t think that’s necessary for you right now. That’s why I feel you should just focus on one or two things for a bit and see how it goes.

I agree with DM that you need more momentum. Start the hips forward sooner without sacrificing knee lift.

[quote=“Roger”]I agree with DM…[/quote]You are a wise man, Roger. :rolllaugh:

[quote=“Roger”]Start the hips forward sooner without sacrificing knee lift.[/quote] :thumbsup:

what exactly do you mean start the hips sooner? start hip momentum to plate sooner so body wont be directly over hips or start opening sooner?

Starting the hips sooner is referring really to getting the centre of gravity moving toward the plate, not rotation of the hips.

I’d also work on my timing. You look segmented in your delivery…but it could just be the inbedded U-Tube…Your front foot lands too early leaving you closed. Getting it to what? 4?? inches to your left will give your hips that much more seperation…likely clean up some of that timing, get the momentum mentioned by everyone else, moving towards home/the target instead of the right hand batters box.

Also appears to me in the vid that he’s working from the left hand of the rubber…I always felt it was much easier to open up properly and stay on line by starting from the right hand side of the rubber.