Help me!

Hello everyone. I’m new to this website/forum. I’m glad I found a place where I can get a few tips and get some advice on how to pitch and whatnot.

First off, I started playing baseball when I was 8 or 9. I hadn’t really played much pitcher but I caught when I was that young. Not until my Freshman year of High School did I start to flirt with pitching. I threw pretty well back then. I’m a Junior now and I am going to be a starting pitcher with no “real” experience on a Varsity team. I’ve played 3rd base mostly throughout high school. Now i’m playing pitcher and 3rd. I know how to throw a 4-seam fastball, 2-seam fastball, and a changeup. I REALLY needs to learn how to throw a curveball effectively…

If anybody can help me with this, please post back or contact me on yahoo or AIM…

Thank you all…

Grip the ball with thumb and middle finger cutting the ball in half. Slide the index finger against the middle finger. Throw the ball using a “karate chop” motion with the hand on the outside of the ball instead of behind it like with a fastball. In other words, the hand is rotated (i.e. supinated) 90 degrees to a palm-in position. It is extremely important that the hand angle get set before the arm starts forward. You can even set the angle while the hand is still in the glove. Twisting the hand/wrist as the arm accelerates forward is what blows out elbows.

Another important point is to throw the pitch using fastball arm speed. And, of course, your mechanics, arm slot, posture, etc. should also be the same as with your other pitches.

Have you talked to your coach? He should be able to help you out.

My son is a freshman at Flushing. If there is something we could help you on, let us know.

b_bretzkeyahoo.com