Help me

Tomorrow, i have a competition. If i strikeout the forthbatter, i will have some money. I confuse that what kind of ball i should throw on that game. Please help me…? :smiley: :-?

That’s going to be your decision, if you’ve never saw this guy swing before you’ll have to experiment a little and see how he reacts to certain pitches. Odds are if he hits in the fourth spot he probably likes pitches up that he can drive so I would try to keep the ball down and off the plate.

He has a good swing. I watch him play many time and with slow curve he can make homerun.
I scare when use curve and sinker. What should i do if i can throw curve, sinker, fastball, knuckle and circle change?

We’re talking about location here—what in the old days used to be called “control”. Regardless of what pitches you want to throw, you want to be able to put the ball where you want it to go. Satchel Paige used to say that you should keep the ball as close to the plate and as far away from the bat as possible; he also said "Throw strikes. Home plate don’t move."
Now, you say that this particular batter loves slow curves, and he’ll blast one out of the ballpark if he sees it. The answer is simple: don’t give it to him. All right. I was a finesse pitcher in my playing days, and early on I had to develop an arsenal of good breaking stuff; I built it around a devastating slider which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” (after a character in a W.C.Fields movie) because that was exactly what it was. I see that you do have several such pitches in your repertoire, such as the circle change. So I will tell you, don’t be afraid to use them when you’re facing the hitters—even the guy who likes slow curves! My pitching coach of long ago, an active major-league pitcher who doubled as an extra coach for the Yankees, once told me: "Move the ball around—high, low, inside, outside, and change speeds. And stay away from the middle of the plate."
When I pitched, I would observe the batter very closely, and I would see just what he was doing up there at the plate. How did he position himself? Did he have a tendency to crowd the plate—or did he hit with his foot in the bucket, that is pull away from the plate as he swung? Did he shift his feet, perhaps move closer to the front of the batter’s box? Or did he do something that might indicate he would bunt, or try to hit to the opposite field? Did he choke up on the bat, or grip it down near the end? You need to watch these guys so you can get an idea of what they might try to do, and pitch accordingly. For example, if the batter indicates that he might bunt, you should come in there with a high inside pitch because that is the most difficult one to bunt—the batter will pop it up if he tries to hit it.
The most important thing to remember is to change speeds, which will make it difficult for the batter to get a good read on it. My pitching coach, who was a finesse pitcher and a very good one, told me once how he would deal with certain power hitters. There was one guy who would come up to the plate drooling and licking his chops at the delicious prospects awaiting him, thinking how he was going to murder that slow stuff. What the pitcher did was take even more off his pitches, and the end result was either a big fat strikeout or a weak dribbler to the first baseman; as the guy returned to the dugout foaming at the mouth the pitcher would yell at him "You’re just a lousy hitter!"
I’ve tried to sum everything up in a nutshell about how to pitch to those hitters—hope this helps. :slight_smile: 8) :baseballpitcher:

Thank u, guys. Now it’s time for me to show before my coach.