Help for a new 16 year old?

haha I just turned 16 on thursday so technically I’m a new 16 year old.

From the back

Also from the front

From the side

Fron the back again

Any advice would be aweomse!
Thanks you guys!

I know I shouldn’t be doing this but BUMP!
:lol:

The one thing I noticed that concerns me is that you’re not finishing your pitches—you’re not completing your follow through. Every time you deliver the ball you’re pulling your arm back instead of allowing it to continue all the way to your left side. Also, you appear to be stumbling off the mound instead of landing in a good fielding position, square to the plate. In a game situation that spells trouble. And I think you may be telegraphing your pitches, even though you may not be aware of it.
Two things you need to do here. One, when you’re winding up, however you do it, be sure you’re concealing the ball in the glove until the last minute and then pull it out to throw it. Two, when you release the ball, follow through all the way and be sure to land in a good fielding position.
One more thing: I have spoken about this before—but it’s essential that you get your whole body into the action and not just throw with your arm and shoulder. I learned about this years ago, when I watched the Yankees’ Big Three pitchers—they were driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, and that was how they were getting the power behind their pitches. I saw just how they were doing this, made a note of it and started working on it on my own, and as I practiced this I found that not only was I getting more power into my pitches I was throwing harder—and faster—than I had been, with less effort, and I never had a sore arm or any other trouble. This is something you need to work on.
Well, that’s enough for a start. Hope this helps. 8) :baseballpitcher:

Yeah my friends have said that I throw with just my arm and shoulder so I’ll be sure to work on that. They also told me about a problem with my release time and when I plant my foot? I don’t know if anybody can look to see if there’s anything wrong with that.
And they also said that they think my leg kick (when I lift up my leg at my balance point) might be too high. Are there any problems that could occur if it is in fact too high? or does it not matter?

Says something about if I wasn’t sent the video I had to accept your friend request before I could watch it. No idea why that happens because I don’t use youtube that often but maybe someone else would know why. I could watch one of your covers, sounded pretty good man i’d keep workin on that along with baseball might be going somewhere.

Oh sorry about that! The videos were private for some reason but I put them as public now.
Criticize away :smiley:

It’s quite possible that your leg kick might be too high, which would affect your balance point. that depends on how tall you are. Juan Marichal had a leg kick which would have been impossibly high had he not been as tall as he was—you might want to check on that, and if you find that it is indeed interfering with your balance point you can come down with it a bit. Also, when you land with your left foot you need to be sure to land on the ball of the foot, not on the heel—there again it has to do with the balance.
There have been pitchers who have a very high leg kick who also tend to be slow to the plate, and that makes them vulnerable to the stolen base. Base runners are always on the lookout for this. If you’re pitching from the stretch with a runner on base you might consider using a slide-step, which would cut down on this and would also increase your speed to the plate. I used a slide-step all the time, which gave me more speed in my delivery and also made it virtually impossible for any base runners I might have encountered to get a good jump. Incidentally, I was one of those exasperating sidearmers who used the crossfire extensively, and that used to infuriate batters who never knew whether or when I would use that particular delivery! :slight_smile:

I’ll probably put up new videos tmw and I’ll try to fix my mistakes :smiley:

Thanks so much you guys! :lol: Freaking love this forum!