Hello from a Venezuelan in Kansas

Hi, my name is Miguel Campano, I’m almost 19 years old and I am from Venezuela. I came to the U.S in 2009 supposedly to play baseball ina JUCO here in Kansas but I got injured (wrist), and I couldn’t play… I didn’t even appear in the roster. I got kind of depressed because I though I wasn’t going to be able to play anymore so I stopped working out.

I eventually got fully recovered and fixed all my problems with my wrist, last fall. After almost year and a half without working out I decided I want to play again and I have been working out since March, especially my rotator cuff and all the muscles involved in pitching (all the body :stuck_out_tongue: ).

My fastball was clocked at 86-87MPH back in 2009 when I was 17 years old but now is about 80-83 since I haven’t worked out in a long time.

My pitches are Fastball (4 seam and 2 seam), Change up and Slider. I could throw Curveballs and Sinkers but the fact is those three pitches are the ones I use and control the most.

Well, I hope to learn and participate as much as I can…

P.S: I bought TuffCuff and I’m training following it.

Take care,

Miguel.

Miguel,
Welcome to the Fellowship of the Bump! :slight_smile:

Great to have you!

Thank you both.

Zita Carno, so far I have read some of your post and its seems like you’re a baseball historian. Am I correct?

Buwhite, I see you’re in Kansas. I am in a town called Liberal,KS I don’t know how far Olathe is from here. Is there any college where you are at?

Hey Miguel - I pitched summer league ball for the El Dorado Broncos (Jayhawk League) and played against Liberal both in your town and in El Dorado, KS. GREAT summer baseball program!

Oh yeah, The Bee Jays are really good. I am going to take pictures for them this summer, since I live here in the Seward County Community College dorms. It will also be good to watch those guys playing and try to learn something from them.

Miguel,
I am, in a way. I’ve always been interested in the history of the game, and many moons ago I played baseball—the real thing. I was one of those exasperating sidearmers with not much speed but with a whole closetful of breaking stuff and offspeed pitches, plus the control and command to go with them, and I had an incredible pitching coach for almost four years—what I learned from him was nothing short of priceless. And after all this time I’m still crazy in love with the game! :slight_smile:

Well, sounds like you are a true fan of the game. Hopefully I’ll learn something from you, specially those moving pitches that are always (maybe not) useful.

I don’t have a whole lot of speed, but I’ve got something with S…Spirit.

Miguel.

Welcome and good luck!

Hello again, Miguel.
I didn’t have much speed, but I did have a good arsenal of breaking stuff. My best pitch—the one I could go to when I had to go for the strikeout—was a very nasty slider which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” after a character in an old W.C. Fields movie because that was exactly what it was, with a sharp late break, and my second best pitch was a very good knuckle-curve. I built my arsenal around those two pitches, and my pitching coach showed me several variations of the stuff I had. One thing I avoided like the plague was the base on balls—oh, did I hate that!; anybody who managed to get on base against me had to earn it. :slight_smile:

welcome!

Welcome to the Hill!

Glad to have you join LTP!

P.S.
Sorry I am so late in welcoming you!