Having trouble with lower body mechanics

I am having trouble with lower body mechanics i move fast and stride about 90%of my height but don’t feel like i am getting the most out of my lower body knee internally rotates to soon almost like it cracks inward at start of leg driven help would be nice Thanks P:S sorry first post ever on any forum

Read this:

Latest Victim of Pole-vault Pitching (Straight-Front Leg Landing)

EggietheYeti,

“I am having trouble with lower body mechanics i move fast and stride about 90%of my height”

This is the mistake most pitchers are taught who are learning the destructive traditional motion.

It ensure your legs like all who are taught it that your legs will not contribute to forwards Velo!

It ensures you will not be able to apply full body rotational performance. It also puts the knee and hip socket in a pathomechanical position to receive the hard landing.

Mitigation; Stride the length that is attained by trotting, around 50% of your standing height.

Land on the glove arm side of the driveline (imaginary line running from home through second) heal to ball to toes. land with a slightly bent glove knee then extend it to straight when driving the ball. Stay tall thru the whole delivery and recovery and rotate 180 degrees.

This will allow you to use both legs in the manor we walk and run with, Bipedal gate. that has your legs contribute. You will also land with both feet on the ground in a perfect drop step position when contact is made.

“don’t feel like i am getting the most out of my lower body”

You are correct in that nobody that uses the traditional approach, gets anything out of their legs, they only make it more and more difficult when the stride is to long and longer.

“ sorry first post ever on any forum”

You did fine! Any questions just ask?

When you learn to stay tall your velo will make an immediate improvement.