Have any strategies to help pitchers with maintaining motivation?

The baseball season is long. The off-season is even longer. Have any strategies to stay focused and motivated?

When it’s not time to train or play, have fun. Get out there and do things. Take a bike ride, hike a trail, rent a kayak and hit the lake. These are good activities that keep you in shape and take enough of your concentration that you can release yourself from the grind of a long season.

For me, a long season was about 70 games between Spring, Summer, and Fall. I have no idea what I would do over 162 games and all the practice time. Baseball season was always 7-8 months. For MLB, March through October 8-9 months on and 3-4 months off.

I always tell people if you aren’t having fun, there’s really nothing I can do to change that for you. You have to want to be here and you have to want to perform for your team mates.

The best strategy that I found, from a coaching perspective in competitive baseball, is this:
" Son, if you can’t, or won’t, stay focused and motivated - see that guy over there, he can. Any questions?"