Harlem Shake Video I made!

Take a look! I’m in the orange shirt spinning!

These all hit our school a few weeks ago. So far my friends have made 2, thinking about getting the whole cafeteria in on it one day (200+ people).

Probably not ready for an Academy Award but it’s a good start.

A high school in Pennsylvania recently suspended some students for posting a “Harlem Shake” video on YouTube citing that it was inappropriate.

Elvis Presley did something like a “Harlem Shake” and was censored on television for it.

I’m guessing you guys are just having fun and could care less about the philosophical nuances of the phenomenon…

:twisted:

The movie “Dead Poets Society” makes a point about perspective and censorship:

“Carpe Diem”

We made sure to not include the school name and not to wear any school clothes, so the school is not represented in the video.

I don’t think we did anything tooo tooo crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just glad the music lined up with the video, that was the hardest part, but overall it was really easy to do and fun to do.

A kid on my floor asked me if I wanted to be a part of the video because he told his girlfriend he would make one for her birthday and it progressed from there.

I think it turned out great. And we had a CE(person who is in charge of a floor in our dorm) look at it and she didn’t say anything about us not posting it or anything, so we should be good to go

Definitely spiced up my Thursday night!

The school video, in my opinion, was distasteful after the drop. However, I didn’t view it as enough to get the football players kicked off the team. What we do where we make these videos are refrain from what may be considered “lewd” dance moves. That pretty much sums up what not to do, besides including school name what not. CE’s won’t have any idea of whether it should or should not be posted. At my school, I’m an RA (CE equivalent) and if people were making a harlam shake video that would be the least of my worries.

Well, I guess I’ll see if they will say anything, probably not.

I made a new youtube account, so the videos wouldn’t be associated with me as much, since my other account has over 100 pitching videos haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I edited up a new video called the ‘Jaret Shake.’ Jaret is the name of the kid that is in the ‘Halo’ suit. I have no idea why he has that, but it makes for funny videos!

I think I might like it better than the original video haha :smiley: