Hang Clean insert?

I LOVE to hang/power clean. I want to insert it into Tuff Cuff but I don’t know where or how. I am currently on Phase 1 week 8. Does anyone have any suggestions on days/sets/reps/etc?

bump

We’ve been doing hang cleans on upper body days at the beginning of the workouts. It doesn’t really leave you that sore or anything the next day, but it’s very CNS demanding so it’s best at the beginning of the workout and on a day when it won’t take much away from your other lifts.

it’s been working for us so far. Something to think about.

Thank you lanky. I’ll try it on upper body days (wednesdays) and see how it goes. Anybody have an opinion on sets/reps? I’m on phase 2 of tuff cuff if that helps.

if you’re going for power production, as I assume you are, go in the 3-5 rep range. We just keep adding weight each set till you can’t get 5 reps. It usually adds up to 4-6 sets of 5 reps.

Thank you, I will do that.

[quote=“LankyLefty”]We’ve been doing hang cleans on upper body days at the beginning of the workouts. It doesn’t really leave you that sore or anything the next day, but it’s very CNS demanding so it’s best at the beginning of the workout and on a day when it won’t take much away from your other lifts.

it’s been working for us so far. Something to think about.[/quote]

Agreed with LL as usual. It’s almost all concentric motion so you won’t get delayed onset muscle soreness for the most part, but you can beat up your shoulders/wrists. Worth noting that there’s a lot of UCL stress with rapid translation in the catch if you’re cleaning any serious weights, so you might want to cool it in-season.