Hand position at ball release is off center

all of sudden this past season my catcher has noticed my fastball is cutting to the left like Mariano Rivera. It just happened I didn’t change a thing.

So I recorded myself pitching and noticed my hand is titled towards my body some what and my hand is not squared up to my target on ball release.

Any tips to get my hand squared up to my target on my fastballs at ball release?

[quote=“NY3”]all of sudden this past season my catcher has noticed my fastball is cutting to the left like Mariano Rivera. It just happened I didn’t change a thing.

So I recorded myself pitching and noticed my hand is titled towards my body some what and my hand is not squared up to my target on ball release.

Any tips to get my hand squared up to my target on my fastballs at ball release?[/quote]

Start off slow at around 30 feet, lightly toss the ball focusing solely on keeping your hand square, eventually work your way back to full speed.

There’s the old trick of drawing a black line or putting a piece of black electrical tape around the middle of a ball. Throw the ball and try to keep the black line from “wobbling”.

Actually, I wouldn’t worry about it. It seems you have accidentally developed a cutter like the one Mariano Rivera has, and that can be all to the good. You can work with it and make it your out pitch—look at what it does to the batters! 8)