Gyroball...

I was just wondering if anyone here knows how to throw a gyroball like Dice-K and if it hurts your arm. :baseballpitcher:

even if it doesnt hurt your arm…i wont be throwing one probably, i just wanna know for fun.

Check
Other
Threads
Ma Dude

i’m not looking through every page for gyroball info, unless there is a search box or something but i dont see one :slight_smile:

There is a Search function up above.

http://www.thecompletepitcher.com/articles/gyroball.htm

are they bad for your arm when you throw them?
like a slider?

Is any pitch really bad for your arm when executed correctly?

[/quote]Is any pitch really bad for your arm when executed correctly[quote]

i know that but im 15 and i’m not ready to throw sliders yet.[/quote]

I can kinda throw one, its not hard, just throw the ball on the side like a football. Its not that crazy of a pitch, just spins similar to a slider but doesnt break

i throw mine like that but i snap down. depending on how hard i snap i can get it to break across the whole plate np

i throw mine like that but i snap down. depending on how hard i snap i can get it to break across the whole plate np[/quote]

Congratulations, that is a slider and not a gyroball.

FSTBLLTHRWER thats not a gyroball. A gyroball is thrown with pronation, when you turn your palm so that the pinky is facing towards the sky. Like The Watch said your just throwing a slider

whats a gyroball suposed to do :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Suppose to have slider-like spin with very little break to fool a hitter. Don’t worry if you can’t throw one. A “back door” slider or cutter is just as good. See Mariano Rivera.