Gyroball article

Another article trying to discover the gyroball. This was on the front page of espn.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=gyroballsearch

Thats funny I just got done readin that. So what does everybody else think about it, do u think its real or just a hoax?

i think i can throw it!

in this supposed gyroball video

i can’t even see a break on the ball. for me it’s fastball inside fastball outside. i think this whole video is pretty stupid. then al leiter says it’s a cut-fastball. :roll: if a bullet-spin does anything, it’s gonna go straight down because nothing will help keep the ball up like a 4-seamer. so a gyroball and a splitter get pretty much the same results. only difference, is that you don’t have to twist your arm 10 different ways and explode your elbow to throw one.

what people get when they try to throw gyroballs is a great slider spin. it’s so easy, get a slider grip and try to throw it as football spin as you can and you will get a slider because the ball will be tilt a little.

Heres Matsuaka throwing it, I think the first pitch is it:

I think that everyone who has learned the grip and how to throw it, then go out and get a little break they think they can throw it. I think that theres enough people out there doin so that people begin to believe the gyroball isn’t real, because the people who claim they can throw it only have a slider movement.

This is my brothers friend who got it taught to him by Will Carrol, its got some nice movement:

http://www.baseballdelusions.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=28

[quote=“qball22”]Heres Matsuaka throwing it, I think the first pitch is it:

I think that everyone who has learned the grip and how to throw it, then go out and get a little break they think they can throw it. I think that theres enough people out there doin so that people begin to believe the gyroball isn’t real, because the people who claim they can throw it only have a slider movement.[/quote]

the pitch you’re talking about is obviously a 2-seam curveball. it’s the exact same thing as this other video people are claiming as a gyroball video.

the spin is a curveball spin since the bullet spin we see is from a side angle.

Well like i said, thats what I thought it was. The other link though is a little more convincing, I mean i havent seen a curveball move like that.

For a minute it looked like a sinker to me. I guess that most could say that it looked like a regular fastball inside or outside. I’m sure that’s what they said when they made the two-seamed fastball, that it just looked like a regular fastball until it was perfected and made into the tail-ending pitch that it is today. Most pitches need some time to be accepted into the arsenal for pitchers in the world of baseball before they can be widely accepted as a true pitch.

Hey, lay off the guy in the CBS video. That’s not a true gyro, more slider like.

Those Matsuzaka youtube videos are not his gyroball.

It’s out there somewhere though.

[quote=“palo20”]Another article trying to discover the gyroball. This was on the front page of espn.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=gyroballsearch[/quote]

wow ive been throwing what i thought was a gyroball for about a year and a half now. After seeing this article ive been throwing it very similarly. The only difference is that the grip i use is a 4-seam fastball and it has been very affective when i throw during pratice. I havent tried in a game yet but this year i will.