Gyro

Can somebody tell me what a gyro ball is and how to throw it.

Honestly probably not.

a pitch throw fast with complete side spin
breaks down
dude from the rangers throws it
almost like a fastball with curveball spin and splitter break

[quote=“kelvinp”]a pitch throw fast with complete side spin
breaks down
almost like a fastball with curveball spin and splitter break[/quote]

dude thats a changeup. gyroball has absolutely no break, thats what makes it deceptive. spins like a top sort of screwball like, just not tight enough for break. hitter thinks it will and is fooled.

[quote=“yanksneeddice-K”][quote=“kelvinp”]a pitch throw fast with complete side spin
breaks down
almost like a fastball with curveball spin and splitter break[/quote]

dude thats a changeup. gyroball has absolutely no break, thats what makes it deceptive. spins like a top sort of screwball like, just not tight enough for break. hitter thinks it will and is fooled.[/quote]
I’d say this is as close to a good explanation as you will see. Atleast to common knowledge. But remember kelvip knows all because Paul Nyman or Chris O’leary said it.

That is a good explanation. Its very contraversial though and a lot of differnet opinions are out there. I really don’t know.

actually, let me edit my post seeing as 3and0 already quoted me. the gyroball doesnt spin like a top, although many pitchers who attempt it get spin similair to it. it actually spins like a gyroscope, hence the name. this is like looking down at that top. spins like you would turn a wrench, for lack of a better simile.

its supposed to spin like a bullet spins or a football spiral

ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ahhh good one 0and3

you are way off
it spin with side spin like a bullet
it still spins like a curve or slider even though pronation

dude the Yankees dont need dice - k

Click >>>>> Straight from Tezuka’s mouth. (the one who invented the pitch…)
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-mlb_07_gyroball022107

so the dude from the rangers doesn’t throw a gyro ball
so a gyroball must be throw from a 3/4 angle or lower
i was right except for the break part
but if you throw it over hand it will break
new pitch
so its just a fastball with curveball/slider spin

ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ahhh good one 0and3

you are way off
it spin with side spin like a bullet
it still spins like a curve or slider even though pronation

dude the Yankees dont need dice - k[/quote]

if you payed attention to the thread i already edited that part. and i made the account back when dice k was just signed by the sox, and all of the scouting reports made a big fuss about him. im not gonna make a new one cause hes not as good as every1 thought he was gonna be.
and a curve or slider doesnt spin at all like a bullet, the slider spins like a top and the curve spins top to bottom, at least a real curve does. and im siding with 0and3. you worshipping chris is getting wayy out of hand.

it spins like a football / bullet and goes totaly straight but with slight axis change it can have tons of break. I can throw it but it is hard to explain. Throw it ike a cuvre but pull down the side of the ball

it is supposed to have no break
read the article marc_rl posted

it is by the guy who invented it
i thought it was supposed to break too
its a fastball with complete side spin

“some dude from the rangers” Is definately the most famous pitcher to throw a gyro… definately not some guy named daisuke.

isnt it just a hanging slider?

a gyro ball is like a fastball
read the article about it earlier in this post by marc_rl

[quote]some dude from the rangers" Is definately the most famous pitcher to throw a gyro… definately not some guy named daisuke.

[/quote]

matsuzaka cant throw it he tried in japan
the dude from the rangers throws it incorrectly
his breaks down but that maybe because of his high arm angle