Gymnastics the ultimate core exercises

My goal is to be a power pitcher. I had used gymnastic exercises during the last offseson and I gained both maximal and relative strength twice as fast as I did with weights. The core exercises were especially beneficial; during spring training my core was so strong I barely felt the puny crunches until the reps were in the hundreds.

Isn’t it better to have a really strong core than being able to just do lots of crunches? Wouldn’t a strong core increase velocity?

Do you guys think it would be safe to use core exercises from gymnastics such as front levers, L-sits, hanging leg raises, and ab wheels for baseball? If you have no idea what these exercises are like you can go to gymnasticbodies.com for more info.

I think they would be as helpful as any conditioning regieme out there, particularly for pre-pubescent kids (Assisting in coordination and learning to utilize the entire body are athletic traits that will be very beneficial).
I am a huge proponent of a portion of training a pitcher be honing athletic skills via any means possible. My youngest for example was also working on his martial arts skills and conditioning as he learned and matured as a pitcher, I believe it was a difference maker as far as health of his body and mind and contributed to his success on the ball field.

[quote=“Striver”]My goal is to be a power pitcher. I had used gymnastic exercises during the last offseson and I gained both maximal and relative strength twice as fast as I did with weights. The core exercises were especially beneficial; during spring training my core was so strong I barely felt the puny crunches until the reps were in the hundreds.

Isn’t it better to have a really strong core than being able to just do lots of crunches? Wouldn’t a strong core increase velocity?

Do you guys think it would be safe to use core exercises from gymnastics such as front levers, L-sits, hanging leg raises, and ab wheels for baseball? If you have no idea what these exercises are like you can go to gymnasticbodies.com for more info.[/quote]

Of course. Can you give us an idea of some of the strength gains you got?