Growth plates?

what in the hell is a growth plate and where can u find them/see if theyre still open

http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_16_1_2.htm

You probably need to be X-rayed to find them.

depending on how old you are and your genetics depends on whether there still open

so… if theyre closed ur cleared to start throwing the slider?

we im pretty sure you should be safe. thats why its better to throw a slider when your about 17-18 when they are closed

i was hoping they are closed

and im 15 lool

well then i wouldnt worry about a slider yet…i wouldnt even throw a curveball. without throwing a curve, when your older your fastball will be better as your arm has grown used to it. i didnt throw curveball until i was 17, granted i still cant spot one, but i can throw fastballs for days and not feel sore

everyday i throw pretty much… not PITCH… but throw

during those days i throw out of 100 ‘pitches’ maybe 6-7 curves max

i luv my curve… it just makes everybody look dumb… even the catcher cant catch it :shock:

but i can spot it better than my fastball… even tho it breaks about 3-4 feet

sounds alright but id be working on my change/splitty/knuckle just because they have the same action as the fastball. then work on the curve later on.

younger kids wana throw a curve at a young age but here in australia its “illegal” (in baseball) for anyone under 15 to throw one and it is strongly advised that they dont until there 17-18

tbh i dont really snap my wrist or do anything funky

i just kinda turn my wrist like… 40 degrees from its original angle [it already has a slight angle inward]

and jus throw like a fastball

[quote=“Booma”]sounds alright but id be working on my change/splitty/knuckle just because they have the same action as the fastball. then work on the curve later on.

younger kids wana throw a curve at a young age but here in australia its “illegal” (in baseball) for anyone under 15 to throw one and it is strongly advised that they dont until there 17-18[/quote]Yeah here in Alberta we took a much similar stance, in peewee(like grade 6 7) they can only throw a change or fastball

pheen it sounds like your throwing a slider already if your throwing it like a fastball. and a 40 degree angle are you sure its that small? Is sounds like your throw something like a cutter

take ur right hand and make a backwards C with it facing the computer screen

like so u see ) but more of a C shape

then i put the ‘curveball’ seam inbetween those fingers and when i throw it the back of the middle and index fingers are facing the batter but a little lower and just let the ball roll off my fingers

maybe a little snap but not much

i throw a cutter… its not the same at all