Greg's Progress toward College Ball

Well it is my semi-rookie cause im starting over, Havent played in 6 yrs.
I have a whole new pitching mechanics then i last did… New pitches… Lil slower cause of a screwed up knee. Have a nice fastball and learning the curve and knuckle and circle change.

But I got my first workout today… 30 minutes of grounders and fly balls… I was whooped afterwards but felt fine 10 minutes after… outta 40-50 grounders 4-6 got by… and only 10 flyballs hit ground because they went in a tree… Arm feels great but i was breathing pretty hard so im gonna start running 30 minutes a day…

first game is March 13th… Double header… Dont know yet if it is gonna be home or road cuz i havent practiced yet… but ill be working on pitching everyday until thursday then practice really starts…

Stay Tuned…

Greg

Threw for an hour today… Threw from 40 feet… Was getting low… arm, elbow, and shoulder feel great!!

Then jog/walked a mile… Tomorrow practice really starts!!

Greg

How old are you?

How old are you?

16 6ft1 250… Outta shape… And trying to get back in.

And I’ll add some info on here…
Height: 6ft1
Weight:250-260
Throw: Right
Hit: Right
Arsenal: Fastball
Circle Change
Curveball(Working on)

I actually started practicing today!!!
I only feel pain on the back part of my shoulder and the inside of my elbow…

Pitching starts saturday…
We did Sac 1 bunting
baserunning…
Ball in dirt.
then we worked in like groups
Infield and outfield…
I decided im gonna play outfield…
Caught every ball thrown to me… Threw a lil to hard tho!
Elbow and shoulder a lil sore!!
But imma take it easy on my arm tomorrow…

Went to Doc today for physical… Chorlestrol is 92! which is great… My blood pressure went down 10 points both top and bottom… but ya other then that… Im feeling great!

Will probably update… saturday night or sunday!

Greg

i tweaked my knee a lil today running in mud today… My shoulder is pretty sore… gonna give it some rest…
but ya other then that practices has been great!! Pitching finally starts tomorrow… We have a 6 hour practice tomorrow then a off day sunday…

Maybe i’ll stay out of the running tomorrow

well the past two days of practice have been brutal!!! Pitchers had practice for 6 hrs while everyone else had practice for 4 1/2, yesterday.
My upper arm and shoulder is really sore after pitching yesterday.

Today is a off day, which is good!!

Greg

Well I found out that im JV BUT we go with Varsity on all their road games… and we get some playing time too…

Threw a 50 pitch bullpen session after jv coach left tonight and assistant Jv coach helped a guy while i was throwing… He didnt want me throwing off the mound for some reason… :frowning: :ole: :reallyconfused:
but ya shoulder is a lil sore so i iced it and my elbow…
we have batting practice tomorrow at 10… So i will see how that goes…

First game is the 13th of March.

greg

[quote=“Greg516”]Well I found out that im JV BUT we go with Varsity on all their road games… and we get some playing time too…

Threw a 50 pitch bullpen session after jv coach left tonight and assistant Jv coach helped a guy while i was throwing… He didnt want me throwing off the mound for some reason… :frowning: :ole: :reallyconfused:
but ya shoulder is a lil sore so i iced it and my elbow…
we have batting practice tomorrow at 10… So i will see how that goes…

First game is the 13th of March.

greg[/quote]

I would not recommend icing/painkillers unless you have an actual problem and you don’t have time to fix it (Gotta pitch in the big championship, etc).

batting practice went great… threw again…

I had to drastically change my hitting stance…:slight_smile:

Greg

so since i last posted… i was originally gonna play 1b and pitch but now my coach wants to try me at 3b because i how good i field and move for a big guy… umm I have learned the splitter… and it breaks pretty good… learned a breaking ball… dont know wat it is… other then that practice has been alright… i had to change my hitting stance drastically and it works pretty well.

since last saturday…
Learned a curve and still working on it.
Found out:
I’m 3rd in pitching rotation for JV and starting 1B for JV…
I have a lil pop in my swing and came close to jacking 2 home runs in practice the other day

And our first game that was suppose to be played monday 3/17 is now tuesday 3/18, so im getting really antsy and wanting to play a game lol
but its all good cause i will end up losin sleep before tuesday lol

Greg

well our first game got postponed friday so it was supposed to be tomorrow but then varsity got cancelled today so they are gonna play tomorrow and we are playing wednesday if it doesnt get postponed…

Im now starting pitcher cause of my control… Im not gonna be getting any sleep for the next couple days…

Im happy!! i’m learning the cutter… Its workin good already stuck out my teammate on 3 straight cutters! woo whoo

Ehh long last couple days… So im pretty much the starting pitcher as long as my arm is healthy probably… I threw 75-85 pitches in front of the JV coach today and then went and pitched 15 in front of the Varsity coach… Arm feels absolutely great. Im SP monday against a playoff team last yr… but for JV… hopefully the Varsity coach is there… Off day tomorrow Batting practice saturday… off day sunday then game day monday…

Got my curveball dropin pretty good and my cutter/whatever it is bouncin around the cutting towards a lefty at the last second…

Greg

Well we played our first game today… Lost 20-10…
I pitched 2 1/3 innings Struckout 5 batters first two innings
3 hit batters and 1 walk

Had good location but the umps couldnt call a strike worth a damn
The umps were glendale guys so of course…
They screwed us over soo bad…

Good game tho…
Greg

so after a couple days of practice, I re-evaluated myself from monday… I gotta say i did pretty dang good

forgot to add somethings so i will break down my stats in times that i pitched
first time:
2 innings 5Ks 1 hb 1bb 2ER 4 hits- I pitched lights out for what my coaches thought i would pitch… got balk called on me twice… cause i forgot to do something
second time pitching:
1/3 innings 2 hb 4ER 1 hit- I pitched horrible after coming back in to the game… couldnt locate my pitches at all… I think it is because i was P/O with the umpirers and how they were calling the game…

We play next monday again… i’ll pitch a lil bit i guess…

Practice:
We started practicing with Varsity again… Me and another guy are working at first… I’m starting to get a lil pop in my swing… i’m hitting the ball alot harder and farther now… which is good…

Greg

We played yesterday… Lost by 10 again lol… Pitched one inning… 2k 4 hits 1 bb… i got roughed up pretty bad… Was up batting in 5th inning… got drilled in head… have a concussion and am out for a week… ugh… im gonna miss 4 games…
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

greg

Well Im back… Im gonna get some video up within the next couple days…

I ended up tearing my meniscus and had arthroscopic surgery just three weeks ago… Its amazing how fast Im recovering…

Im able to pitch already. Which is great…

I’ve dropped like 10 pounds since the surgery which is great since i was 260 and i want to get down to 220-230.

I’ve learn a unorthdox curveball grip since… Its great since i can munipulate it and it will change how it curves… Still have my circle-change and fast ball…