Got cut

i just resently got cut by two teams and and in both teams combined tryouts i pitched 2 times for one team and once for another team and only alowed 1 hit and for one team i still havnt aloowed a hit i think its because i havn t grown yet 5"4 116 and 14 yrs but i just want to know if there is still a chance that i could be good in baeball

As you said, you’re still growing, and you can be sure you’re going to hit several growth spurts—you’re only 5’4" now? There’s plenty of time, and as you grow (and probably pick up a good deal of weight in the process), you’ll have plenty of opportunity to refine the pitches you have, pick up a couple of others, work on the fine points—yes, I’d say you have a very good chance to make it. So hang in there, and don’t give up—and watch what happens in the next two or three years. We’re all pulling for you. :slight_smile: 8) :baseballpitcher:

Getting cut doesn’t mean anything, if they are looking for players that are only a certain size or skill level then that is garbage. You need a team that is willing to coach you, develop you and motivate you to your full potential. Keep going kid…

btw, make sure you work on other positions so that you can make a team as Mr. Versitile, fill lots of spots and you will get your opportunities.

When I was 13, I got cut from the majors in jr babe ruth. I went to the minors jr babe ruth which everyone who played there made by default. Im now a D2 college pitcher. That answer your question?

Consider it another life lesson, and another lesson you’ll learn in this game called baseball. Keep training for what you want, don’t let getting cut discourage you because they make that assessment on what they see which could be only one or two days worth of baseball and not a full year in which they can see your skill but also other things you may offer such as leadership, picking your teammates up, or just bring energy to the lineup. It happens, for me it was later on into my 15 years of baseball but you learn from it and I think it makes you a better player/person. Even less discouraging is guys who are now solid MLB players have been cut MORE THAN ONCE! Crazy ain’t it? Keep your head up kid and give er’

When I was a junior in high school, I was cut from my high school varsity team for “lack of talent”. At the time I was throwing 75 mph, today I am currently one of the hardest throwers on a DIII baseball team at 85 mph. Keep working hard and don’t give a **** what anybody thinks

Control the things you can control, you gave it all u had and they still didnt believe u could help their team? then now its their problem. Be angry and work even harder than ever before. Make them them feel stupid by wishing they had u on their team when you’re kickin butt on some other one. Things happen for a reason, some bizzare reason. All you can do is give it all you got and not hold anything back on the field. Go get em’ man :wink:

heck yeah you still got a change at baseball

I got cut from my Little League all star teams two years in a row. I then didn’t make a 13yo select travel team. You may be like me and just be a later developer. Keep with it!