Good Game

Well Today I pitched a game in a tourney and I threw the most pitches I have ever thrown, 98 pitches, i think sixty something for strikes and thirty something balls, I pitched 6 full innings , and gave up 2 ER earning a No Decision, and got 15 K the most I have ever had. That was the positive, the negative was that I had like 4 or 5 balks called on me that cost me some runs, and I kinda lost some composure at the end because the catcher wasnt catching my fastball. It was a 15u team I played against, nonetheless I still dominated, giving up only 3 hits to the same guy.

And now I am tired and I know Im gonna have a sore arm for the next 3 days at least…

Yesterday at the start of the tourney, I had to sit out all day, except just EH because my arm was bothering me, next thing you know it feels fine the next day, which is weird…This tourney was basically to prepare me for the Prospect camp, As long as my arm feels fine, and doesnt bother me, I will be all good. :wink:
Im just gonna rest, and do so many rotator cuff exercises for the next 2 weeks and Run

What you guys think
?

good job!

4 or 5 balks??? whoa :shock:

I know right?

I was too anxious and wasn’t pausing to come set, according to the ump

Take a hot shower/bath, and let the warm water run over your shoulders and arms. Let the warm water run under the bottom side of your arm and rub your arm, working the muscles while receiving the warm damp heat.

While your in the shower/bath, let a bath towel soak in hot water - NOT SCALDING.

When you come out of the shower/bath, dry off, then rub Absorbine Jr., over your shoulders, around the muscles that form the ball socket where the arm meets the shoulders, then the arms. You’ll want to do this while the pours of your skin are still open from the shower/bath. Ask you folks to rub down your back also.

DO NOT not apply Absorbine Jr. under your arms (arm pits), nor on the neck or face, and not on the groin area.

After the Absorbine Jr. has been rubbed in, take the hot towel that’s been soaking in hot water, and wring out the water. Use a face towel to wring out the hot water - that way you won’t be grabbing on to the hot water - the face towel will insulate your hands. Now wrap the hot towel gently around your throwing side - wrap around your shoulder and arm by first draping the towel over your shoulder and back so about 12 inches hangs on your scapula (should blade), then wrap the remainder of the hot towel around your pitching arm.

This warm moist heat combined with the Absorbine Jr. that rubbed in well, will offer a relaxing condition to your muscles that will not only promote a great bounce back - but you’ll be far more sensitive to strains and other conditions that you wouldn’t feel otherwise.

I would suggest though testing Absorbine Jr on the top of your forearm first, just to see if you have a skin reaction. Very few players do, but just to be on the safe side.

Coach B.

Do you run or do any aerobic activity after you pitch? If not I recommend doing so, adding it to my routine completely eliminated my soreness after doing it 3-4 times. A good 15 minutes will get most of the lactic acid out of your muscles.

Nice performance … what’s causing you to balk so much?

According to the ump, I wasn’t pausing when I came set. my fault though, I was too anxious in the beggining.
I was throwing harder and better in the later innings, the first inning I threw 30 pitches, and then lower down each inning, to like 20, 17 , and one inning with only 9 pitches.

Failure to come to a full stop of one second when pitching from the stretch is just one of a number of ways a pitcher can be called for a balk. And I have a funny story to illustrate this point.
Until 1952 the Yankees were getting away with murder; the pitchers, when throwing from the stretch, would come to just a slight hesitation before the delivery, and the umpires paid no attention to this. But in 1952 they were told to enforce the balk rule. Enter Vic Raschi, who on this day was pitching for the Yanks, and on one occasion with a runner on first he came to just that slight hesitation; the plate umpire called him for a balk. An inning later he did the same thing, and again he was called for a balk. Now he was getting exasperated—“Hey, what the h— is going on here?”—and then twice more in the course of the game he was called for a balk. Now he was ready to scream. But Allie Reynolds managed to calm him down and said that he would put a stop to it.
The next day Reynolds was pitching. At one point in the game there was a runner on first. Reynolds took the mound, received the ball, and then he just held it. He held the ball and held the ball and held the ball, and then he called time and stepped off the rubber. He went to the rosin bag and futzed with it for a minute or so. Then he got back up on the mound—and held the ball and held the ball and held the ball. The batter was getting exasperated, and then the umpire went out to the mound and asked Reynolds, "Why don’t you throw the ball?"
Reynolds: “I’m afraid to.” Allie Pierce Reynolds, who wasn’t afraid of anything.
Umpire: "What do you mean, you’re afraid to throw the ball?"
Reynolds: "Because if I let go of the ball you’re going to call me for a balk."
The umpire spluttered and then burst out laughing. And that was the end of that experiment. He ruled that the Yankee pitchers could go back to what they had been doing before—just coming to that little hesitation before delivering the pitch.
Nowadays—they’ll call the balk for every little thing. Ugh! :lol: