Good Foods to Buy

hey guys whats up. As you know i am trying to hit 180lbs(which is 15lbs increase of muscle) i am at 165lbs right now. Anyways i already have a good basis of foods. I looked and i need about 4000 calories every day(i think) and about 165grams of protein. So what i do is i eat 8 times every day and i get 500 calories each small meal and at least 20grams of protein. So its fun and easy.

These are the foods i am eating now. Please add some more that are either low in fat high in calories, or high in protein.

Skim milk(no fat)
yogurt
Whole Grain bread(5g of protein per slice)
Fibre 1 cereal(very high in fibre 100 calories per serving)
Tuna
Usually supper is pretty healthy.

But ya i need some more foods that have protein. Right now i am mostly getting my protein through skim milk and i consume just about 1.5L per day. So ya please give me some more snacks/foods that are either high in calories/low in fat or just high in protein. Thank you so much.

today i went to the grocery store and i bought some more healthy food.

I bought:

peanuts(really high in fats. Don’t know why people would eat them. Please explain to me why. They are high in protein though)
cashews

Cottage cheese(has so much protein)
Oatmeal bars and chocolate bars with oatmeal and whole grain.Alot of calories with alot of fibre/low fat. Only 4 grams for protein.

Chocolate milk(just to mix it up a bit)

Any other foods please post. I plan on eating all of these foods every day.

you could just make protein shakes.

get optimum gold standard whey protein of amazon. it has 24 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of sugar, 3 carbs.

trying to do it all natural. Don’t want any supplements or any stuff like that. Just foods please.

why?

Competition is fierce, you have to do anything you can to get on top.

ya i am on top of my game. When we played baseball this year these were my stats:

Innings pitched: 40
Strikeouts: 45
Games started: 7
Games completed: 4
Games won: 7
Games lost: 0
Era: 3.6

Ya dude i was the ace on our staff last year and i was only a sophmore. I also topped out at 87mph. I am on the very top. I just don’t like using supplements. Every single day i am training or doing something related to baseball to get me on top. SO ya i put a ton and ton of work into baseball. I just don’t like supplements

I’m not saying you don’t work. Obviously you do and have a very good chance of going far in this game. :smiley:

But im saying it would be easier to get that protein through shakes. And less expensive

ya i wasn’t trying to be rude or anything just trying to say i work alot at this game. But ya i just don’t know why i don’t do protein whey and stuff like that. I just like whole foods better i guess.

Also parents won’t let me even touch that stuff. They think that it is some sort of steriod or something liek that.

Went to a doctor and he said i didn’t need it at all if i was eating all the right foods, which i am. So ya

1. how tall are you?

2. I’m confused why you think “fat” is bad??? You seem to think that eating anything with “fat” leads to increases in body fat storage.

3. I’m confused why you think protein powder is bad?

4. I’m confused why you are all for whole foods yet act like peanuts and cashews are your worst enemy because they contain natural fats.

5. I’m curious if your doctor has a beer belly (mine does, and he tried to tell me the same BS).

I’d be willing to bet you add some fat into your diet you’ll grow like a frickin weed. It’s going to be impossible to get 4,000 calories in, with almost no fat, and only 165 grams of protein. Your diet would be almost all carbs. You know what’s great to pack on bodyfat? Really high carb diets.

My suggestion is grow to love peanut butter

grow to love your 1-3 protein shakes a day. Find a good whey protein powder, stop being scared of all fats, start loving natural healthy fats like nuts, fish (especially), avocado

start lifting like a beast. Get your workouts written up by a qualified professional. If you’re getting in 4,000 calories a day, whole foods and a reasonable carb fat protein ratio you’ll pack on 1-2 lbs a week EASY. And if you’re anywhere near my height, that weight won’t stop flying on you until you’re near 200 lbs.

one last thing: you don’t need to worry too much about specific gram guidlines like 1g protein/lb bodyweight. Just get 20-40+ grams with each meal and let what happens happen. You’re not a pro bodybuilder you just want a high protein, high calorie diet with plenty of EFAs. I get 250 grams a day without thinking, just making sure each meal is based around protein.

Ever hear of monounsaturated fats? Those are the best kind, and they’re found in nuts like walnuts, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts and the like—and the best thing about them is that if you’re keeping an eye on your cholesterol—spmething we all need to do—those monounsaturated fats will lower that nasty substance. Besides, they taste good; you should grab a handful and munch, especially after a fatty meal. A nutritionist told me this a long time ago. And things like avocados, oils such as olive, canola, safflower, are great for salads and cooking, and they’re very good for you.
I also read that dark bittersweet chocolate (70% or more cocoa content) is excellent in moderation, and not least because said chocolate contains an as-yet-unknown substance that forms a barrier to protect the teeth against those nasty decay bacteria. So, go ahead, have a balanced diet with the emphasis on protein (which you get from dairy products, meat and fish), good carbohydrates, good fats in moderation, and don’t forget to brush and floss! Just eat more if you want to put on more weight—but don’t overdo it, because you don’t want to end up a tubba blubba.

Ya thanks guys i do appreciate the comments.

Ya yesterday i did buy peanuts and cashews. But ya like you said they are the good fats right so that should be alright.

I am also curious how much calories i really do need?

Because 4,000 calories seems like a little much for a 165lbs person trying to get to 180lbs. This seems pretty extreme. I tried eating like that for 3 days and my stomach hurts so much. I think my calories is way to high. I am going to do some more reasearch. What do you guys think.
Should i be eating every 2 and a half hours or every 3 hours as well?

[quote=“baseballkid111”]Ya thanks guys i do appreciate the comments.

Ya yesterday i did buy peanuts and cashews. But ya like you said they are the good fats right so that should be alright.

I am also curious how much calories i really do need?

Because 4,000 calories seems like a little much for a 165lbs person trying to get to 180lbs. This seems pretty extreme. I tried eating like that for 3 days and my stomach hurts so much. I think my calories is way to high. I am going to do some more reasearch. What do you guys think.
Should i be eating every 2 and a half hours or every 3 hours as well?[/quote]

4,000 is about right if you’re lifting 4 days a week HARD. After a few weeks your body will adjust to it and you’ll feel your metabolism pick up a LOT.

You eat ceral, milk and bread right? all of these foods have been suplimented with vitamins and minerals. Milk is suplimented with vit D bread and ceral have some of your B vitamins like Niacin, B-12 and Riboflavin. So if you eat diary or wheat products then you are already taking supliments.

if you i trying to gain weight don t use skim milk drink whole milk and even try to mix it with some protein powder

ever since I’ve started taking some protein powder, I’ve gained a considerable amount of weight and also am not sore. I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to take any supplements. They work.