Good baseball movies

Let’s get a topic of some good baseball movies.

The Natural

Bull Durham

Major League :lol:

don’t know if it really counts but Bench Warmers :lol:

Beef stew! :rofl2:

Kill the Umpire ( 1950)
-William Bendix,
-Una Merkel
-Ray Colins

Rhubard ( 1951)
-Ray Milland
-Jan Sterling
-Gene Lockhart
-William Farwley

Safe at Home ( 1962 ) * my personal favorite
-Mickey Mantle
-Roger Maris
-Patricia Barry
-Don Collier

[quote=“Coach Baker”]Kill the Umpire ( 1950)
-William Bendix,
-Una Merkel
-Ray Colins

Rhubard ( 1951)
-Ray Milland
-Jan Sterling
-Gene Lockhart
-William Farwley

Safe at Home ( 1962 ) * my personal favorite
-Mickey Mantle
-Roger Maris
-Patricia Barry
-Don Collier[/quote]

Those movies are a bit before most of our times coach B

Here is another that is way before your time…“Fear Strikes Out” Karl Maldin and whats his name from “Psycho” …Every parent who has a kid in sports ought to be made to watch it over and over til they get it.

I’m a softy …Field of Dreams, I think captures the essence of what it is to love baseball and the Sandlot is how we used to do it back…“before your times”…before video games, before “Spunge Bob”, prior to daycare…My mom would “kick us out” and we would have to entertain ourselves, til lunch and then again til dinner…it would shock as to how many variations of baseball can be made up in the minds of children who love the game.

Oh yeah, I love field of dreams too, man. Forgot that one, it was on the tip of my tongue when I first posted!

Bench Warmers was…well I don’t know if I rolled on the floor…but it had some funny moments (I laughed more at the Napolean Dynamite guy than anyone…maybe not a comic genious but he cracks me up…him and his helmet)…The Original Bad News Bears had some good stuff…(Wow talk about totally UN politically correct) and so did Major League…
For any TV geeks out there…there was an episode of “Pete and Pete” (My lord what a wierd and funny oddball Nickalodean Show…I have it on DVD 8) ), that was a classic as far as little league.

Rookie of the year

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Bench Warmers was…well I don’t know if I rolled on the floor…but it had some funny moments (I laughed more at the Napolean Dynamite guy than anyone…maybe not a comic genious but he cracks me up…him and his helmet)…The Original Bad News Bears had some good stuff…(Wow talk about totally UN politically correct) and so did Major League…
For any TV geeks out there…there was an episode of “Pete and Pete” (My lord what a wierd and funny oddball Nickalodean Show…I have it on DVD 8) ), that was a classic as far as little league.[/quote]

man… Pete and Pete had the coolest theme song ever!

That show was the best kid show ever…they always were sneaking in weirdness and counter culture stuff…Iggy Pop was a regular cast member…even had Michael Styp from REM do a bit part (As an ice cream man)…mom had a steel plate in her head and picked up radio stations with it…Artie…THE Strongest Man!!! In the World…it just will never be matched as far as subtle or strange humor. In the video notes on the DVD’s they were cracking up that no one could exactly figure out the lyrics to the intro/theme song…and never cleared up what they were…every year they filmed it, they had to move to another small town in New Jersey because they kept getting kicked out…just classic stuff.

OK!!! Best baseball movie if u like funny stuff is Major League 2!!! It is so funny!!! U will have a good laugh… check it out… its an older one… but not like 1800’s