Going from 3/4 to overhead

Do you guys this would make a guy more effective with less pain? Cause my friend was going thru the same pain i was and our Pitching Coach told him to throw overhead and he said it went away… and im thinking bout trying that… Would you guys suggest it?

Greg

if you’re having pain with your current motion, you need to do something different. might try it and see what happens

I’m not having any problem throwing like that… Elbow is just really sore the day after and it takes 2 to 3 days to recover from pitching 2-3 innings… I tried it yesterday… Arm feels completely outta juice… Bicep and tricep and elbow are sore as can be… maybe sidearm is the way to go…

Any ideas or recommendations??

Greg

[quote=“Greg516”]I’m not having any problem throwing like that… Elbow is just really sore the day after and it takes 2 to 3 days to recover from pitching 2-3 innings… I tried it yesterday… Arm feels completely outta juice… Bicep and tricep and elbow are sore as can be… maybe sidearm is the way to go…

Greg[/quote]

yes… go to the outfield… catch fly balls and try to throw to second base as accurately as you can but with good speed

that is your natural arm slot…

and if arm slot does not solve the problem then arm slot is not the problem there is something else goin on i suggest you post a video of your mechanics so people can analyze and tell you possible reasons for your pain

the only video i’ll be able to get is on flat ground… so i dont know how much that will help.

the only video i’ll be able to get is on flat ground… so i dont know how much that will help.

it will b fine… if arm slot isnt the problem its arm action and timing and flat ground is just fine…

Alright… I’ll try to get some either tomorrow or sunday.

[quote=“Greg516”]I’m not having any problem throwing like that… Elbow is just really sore the day after and it takes 2 to 3 days to recover from pitching 2-3 innings… I tried it yesterday… Arm feels completely outta juice… Bicep and tricep and elbow are sore as can be… maybe sidearm is the way to go…

Greg[/quote]
Sounds to me like you’ve already figured out what’s wrong. Either a lack of conditioning or too much too soon early in the season or not enough rest between previous outings. If any of this is the case, then you need to back off a bit and give your arm a chance to recover.

Good nutrition and proper sleep will help.

[/quote]

yes… go to the outfield… catch fly balls and try to throw to second base as accurately as you can but with good speed

that is your natural arm slot…[/quote]

does it really, where did you find that out? I am gonna try that.

[quote=“andrewlandolfi”][/quote]

that is your natural arm slot…[/quote]

does it really, where did you find that out? I am gonna try that.[/quote]

http://www.stevenellis.com/steven_ellis_the_complete/2006/07/whats_your_natu.html#comments

oh, cool, yeah i am defeinitally gonna do that, my arm has been huting and i have fooled with my mechs so i want to find my natural arm slot again.