Glove...Which one?

Hey everyone,
its that time where i need to decide on a glove.

At the moment i am considering

Rawling HOH
Rawlings Pro preffered(might be a bit outta my price range) (whats the difference to the HOH?)

I am a pitcher 87kg, 6ft. I currently use an Easton Natural series 12".
Can any one reccomend any gloves and what size should i get…i was thinkn of goin to an 11.5"?

Thanks

I recommend going with an 11 3/4 to 12 inch glove. I wouldn’t go smaller or larger than that. Get a closed web. And get a finger shield (it’s that piece of leather that goes over your index finger for those of you who like to pitch with your index finger outside of your glove).

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]I recommend going with an 11 3/4 to 12 inch glove. I wouldn’t go smaller or larger than that. Get a closed web. And get a finger shield (it’s that piece of leather that goes over your index finger for those of you who like to pitch with your index finger outside of your glove).[/quote]thats what im planning on getting some time soon, i got a a3000 but my friend stole it and broke it in wrong, i was not happy with him, so now i use a 11 1/4 inch a2000 glove that i use at 2nd base, i need to get a glove, i like the a2000 12 inch ones that maddux wears, there nice and not that expencieve

what about a 12 1/4" HOH, the one that zito uses?
PRO1000-9JB is the model, would this one be a good match for me?

Thats not really the glove that Zito uses…his is brown. And the only way to get it brown is to have it custom made. But nevermind that. I have that exact glove and I love it perfect size for me since I am 6’2". Only warning I have is that the Heart of the Hide series are very stiff when you get them. Takes awhile to break them in. I have had mine for 7 months and still a little stiff. Other than that, it is a great glove, and I would get it if I were you.

As long as the leather stays supple, it’s a good idea for the mitt to retain some of its stiffness. Even pitchers need more than a piece of limp leather hanging on their wrist! Break it in properly and keep a couple of balls in the pocket whenever it’s not being used. If it gets wet, use a little glove cleaner on it, massaging it real good to maintain that suppleness.

I’ve got the a3000 for my son and I, sizes 11.5 and 12 respectively. I’m 6’1" with 9" span (thumb to little finger) and 7.5" from wrist to tip of middle finger. The 12 fits fine for pitching and OF, but if I was still playing middle (SS or 2nd) I’d go with the 11.75" or even the 11.5" for quicker transfer.