Glove Side Arm

You read alot about what the pitching arm should be doing but what about the lead arm or glove side arm?

I have read where Tom House says swivel and stabilize and then I have read where others say you should tuck and pull your glove to your arm pit.

Is there a right or a wrong way?

Thanks

House says that although it looks like pitchers pull their glove, they really move their body to the glove. This was determined from looking at lots of high speed video.

Pulling the glove creates forces in a direction away from the plate. Furthermore, pulling the glove often leads to early shoulder rotation and an inconsistent release point.

So, I believe in “swivel and stabilize” and bringing the chest to the glove.

[quote=“munster7”]You read alot about what the pitching arm should be doing but what about the lead arm or glove side arm?

I have read where Tom House says swivel and stabilize and then I have read where others say you should tuck and pull your glove to your arm pit.

Is there a right or a wrong way?

Thanks[/quote]
Not really. For the most part this is a matter of style. As long as what you do doesn’t effect your deliever and (can’t believe I’m going to say this :oops: ) velocity. If you can hit your spots and get hitters out, then I really wouldn’t change what you are doing. Some MLB pitchers don’t tuck their arm in at all. I think Steve did that as well. Well from the photo that use to be up there.

I agree what ever works for you