Glad to be here!

Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to interacting with everyone. I hope to be able to spread my own knowledge of the game as well as learn many new aspects and philosophies of the game of baseball.

Welcome, Full Windup!!

Full Windup-
Welcome to this discussion forum!
I hope you find the threads interesting to read!
:slight_smile:

Welcome!

Welcome! Great to have you here!

Welcome!

An official welcome from me, too :slight_smile:

Full Windup-
Most of us will be glad to hear your opinion.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I wish I had a forum like this to visit when I was younger. It would have helped me tremendously.

Glad to have you here! Welcome…

If you don’t mind- how old are you?
Do you play baseball regularly (in the spring, summer, and fall)?

If you don’t mind- how old are you?
Do you play baseball regularly (in the spring, summer, and fall)?[/quote]

I no longer play, but like any baseball player, wish I still had the opportunity. I played Division 1 baseball, and later, one year of indy ball in the Frontier League. I am currently a certified strength and conditioning coach and work with athletes of all sports.

How about you? Do you play?

[b]
Full Windup wrote:
I no longer play, but like any baseball player, wish I still had the opportunity. I played Division 1 baseball, and later, one year of indy ball in the Frontier League. I am currently a certified strength and conditioning coach and work with athletes of all sports.

How about you? Do you play?[/quote][/b]

I have never played in a league, yet.
I have talked to my parents about maybe playing on a team next year,
but we still haven’t decided if I will do it.

I have a kid that is 13 going to play 14u this year at AAA, he is just gettinn involved in his own stregth and conditioning programs to improve his pitching ability and other baseball related activities, so you will see him post from this name too.

@CardsWin - Let us know when you get in a league. It will be great to hear your thoughts and hear of your success as you play in a competitive atmosphere.

@buwhite - Great age to begin a S & C program. He is still young though, so make sure he develops good habits now. I see so many older guys that have terrible movement patterns and work ethic. I only wish I would have gotten a hold of them a few years earlier. Good luck!

My kid is very motivated, he is very confident in making high school above the freshman team and is looking farther into the future. Even at younger ages he stretched and ran before games even though many didn’t. What city are you in?

I am in Colorado and work mostly with baseball players. But our facility works with a lot of basketball, lacrosse, and soccer athletes as well.

[quote=“Full Windup”]@CardsWin - Let us know when you get in a league. It will be great to hear your thoughts and hear of your success as you play in a competitive atmosphere.

What do you guys think are the most important things to do or remember when joining a league for the first time?

Have fun and learn from all of your experiences (good and bad). It’s easy to get caught up in what you are doing and how you are playing, but you can learn quite a bit from watching and studying other players as well. Observe what makes the good players successful and the not-so-good players unsuccessful. Both are learning situations for you and can help you improve your individual game.

Full Windup-
Thanks.
I’ve really enjoyed being on this pitching discussion forum,
and I have learned quite a bit.