Girl Advice?

Yeah I know I sound like a loser asking this but im having some issues on this topic. So there is this shy girl that I like at school. I carpool with her in the morning (parents, her older sister too). Her locker is next to mine. Shes in every class that Im in (but PE). How can I get her to like me?

P.S. She is very shy. Easily the shyest in the grade. Man I have weird taste. And I also tend to do stupid things around her. Help? :oops:

Well … you’ve asked the question that simply has no answer! History is laced with the bones of men who have paid cold hard cash to star gazers and wizards for that answer!

Tell you what - girls … women, seem to have a sense of knowing stuff that we (guys) just can’t comprehend. They’re a lot smater, they think way ahead of us, and they seem to know exactly what we’re thinking before we do. Trust me on this.

I’m not in your shoes (thank goodness) but I seem to remember that honestly, respect, and a direct approach worked in most cases. Note I said most. If you have a snowball’s chance in !@#%, she’ll let you know.
She’ll either accept an offer to share soda or other drink, or she’ll simply say no. A smile by you in return with a simple remark like, " I thought you might like to share this with me…" or something like that. If she doesn’t like soda, try a twinkee, try a cookie, … for cry’n-out-loud man try a Corvett! If there’s a subject that you both take in school – ask her if she understood the subject covered during on of the classes. (that’s a good one) Say that you’re totally baffled by it! Ask her if during lunch period, or on the ride home if she could explain some of it - you really need the help in this class if your going to make it. Compliment her on how smart and easy going she is - “this is so much more easier when you say it” … but don’t over sell it.

With enough casual, yet repeated approaches, a simple smile and a compliment of how nice she looks – nothing over the top … she’ll get the message. Just remember, there’s a reason why she’s shy. So, don’t be over the top - take a que from her eyes and how she reacts to your suggestions and the compliments.

She may be waiting for someone - a gentleman, to pay attention to her with respect. On the other hand, she could be a little unstable, crack the back of your head against the first brick wall she comes to, and well, that’ll be that!

I’m going to quote a saying I once hear:
… to bodly go were no man has gone before … to explore new worlds… yada… yada… yada …

Good luck sailor!!!

Coach B.

You don’t sound like a loser man, trust me I know what you’re going through. I’ve learned through my own mistakes that sometimes you just have to make the conversation happen, you can’t wait for it to come to you or it might be too late.

Just talk to her sometime, as cliched as it sounds be yourself, relax and remember that it’s not the end of the world if she doesn’t like you (as much as is may seem like it).

Being a shy person myself; I know that sometimes it’s hard to just say hi if you don’t know somebody very well, so don’t be too hurt if it doesn’t go well the first time you try to talk to her.

I know what it’s like having girl problems; in fact i find that my biggest problem is not listening to my own words. It’s tough but it’s not unbearable.

Remember also that women aren’t the most important thing in life, make sure you’re not placing too much of your self worth on your success with the opposite sex. In the words of Franki Valli “No woman is worth, crawlin on the earth, so walk like a man my son.”

Good luck, I hope I helped.

Here’s something that I’d like to pass on to you, when dealing with women.

A quote from my best man at my wedding.

“You’ve made through a war, two traffic accidents without a scratch, and you were missed by mere inches when lightning it that swamp maple we were standing next too, and your nephew nearly ran over you during his first driving lesson … but, I don’t think you’re getting out of this one.”

Coach B.

Coach B gave you the answer. If she’s gonna like you then she’s gonna like you for who you are. So be yourself. Be respectful. Be honest.

Now that’s funny. True but funny. :rofl2:

Can anybody understand chicks?, cause I gave up years ago and I’m 18. :clapping:

Maybe Im just looking for a script to read off of. That would be helpful. Coach Baker, so, what Roger said is the summary of your post? Man, the sickest curveball Ive ever seen was a girl.

I would think there would be more views for this question. Maybe there are more guys asking this question then those answering it.

My friend just told her I like her. Outright. Just said it. What a friend. Anyways what now? Is all lost?

You’ll be fine, your friend is either just teasing you or trying to push it along.

Just relax, you’ll be fine man. I’m telling you just start up a conversation, you said you have a lot of classes together so just talk about class, maybe point something funny about one of the teachers out to her.

?

Yup. Kind-a straight forward ain’t it. Sums up a lot about life too. Treat people the way you’d like to be treaded.

On the other hand, you can smile at a stranger, tip your cap, say howdy-you-do, then be look’n down the barrel of a 12 gage along with the words … give-me ya dough!

When I was in the service, I tried to make time with a “donut-dolly”. These were gals that brought hot coffee and hard-as-rock donuts to us. So I thought I got lucky when she accepted a night out at the USO. Of all the gals that I had to strike up a conversation with … she turned out to be a jujitsu freak … nearly broke every bone in my body, and some I didn’t even know I had.

“Hey, want a see a move I learned yesterday?”

Before I could say… " take it easy lady"… I’m wearing my belt around my ears and my socks were hanging off the mail box. Toughest thing in a skirt that I ever met! :crazy:

Coach B.

bump

Hey guys if you don’t mind could I get a little bit of help here too? Lot’s of crap going on right now and frankly, I don’t have the time for therapy to help out with my problems this time.

So #1: Girl in my Psychology class, she sometimes says or does things that could be taken as dropping hints, but other times I just don’t even exist. Tells me she wants me to help her study and when I agree to do so I never get a time or day to help her out. My class mate has told me she likes me or as he says “wants my balls” but honestly I feel like I’m being messed with as I have been in the past in similar situations. I don’t know how to handle this.

#2: All of the sudden my best friend (or so I thought) and my sister are going out with each other. My sister has a tendency to throw herself at my friends and my team mates. This is very frustrating because both of them knew how I felt before this was even in question at all. Not only that but I wasn’t even told by either of them about it, I found out about it through a third party. It’s not so much that they’re dating but that they feel the need to go behind my back about it. It’s also frustrating because of all I’ve done for this friend. He would have quit baseball if it weren’t for me, I comforted him through his uncle’s (my coach’s) death, I got him through his last break-up, and the whole reason him and my sister started dating was because I was helping him out.

My sister was trying to get me to go out with her friend and since I already don’t like the idea of sibling’s dating their sibling’s friends I said no, but I knew my friend was having girl troubles so I got him a date with my sister’s friend, well then my friend ends up on a date with my sister and not her friend for some unforseen reason.

#3: This friend’s ex-gf and I are still friends and we almost started dating, but I told her we should remain friends, because I wanted to show respect for my friend (the one from #2) then he went out with my sister. So now his ex-gf and I are really close friends but I doubt it will go any farther because well, I don’t think either of us want to ruin the friendship and all that stuff.

I’ve just been flustered by all this stuff lately and with no baseball everything is just worse. I’m sorry for stealing your thread Johnny Cello. I just needed some help here. The girl problems really bug me, I’ve never really had a girlfriend and whenever I’ve started dating someone it lasted about a week or two and then the girl would just stop talking to me altoghether abruptly and inexplicably.

Thanks in advance for any helpful words.

Girls are shady beings. Im 19 did my share of trying (got nowhere) lol and decided im just gona have fun with my life and if a great girl comes around nice, if not oh well not the end of the world. The only thing we can do as men, that have no powers over the female race, is just be ourselves, play baseball and give out respect by being gents. With a quick google search i found that there are about 3,214,983,000 ladies out there in good old mother earth, give or take a couple hundred thousands. Thats enough to help you find a nice lady or two to make you happy. Just remember be yourself, like baseball dont force it, just relax, things will work out and happen in its own way.

[quote=“Pustulio”]Hey guys if you don’t mind could I get a little bit of help here too? Lot’s of crap going on right now and frankly, I don’t have the time for therapy to help out with my problems this time.

So #1: Girl in my Psychology class, she sometimes says or does things that could be taken as dropping hints, but other times I just don’t even exist. Tells me she wants me to help her study and when I agree to do so I never get a time or day to help her out. My class mate has told me she likes me or as he says “wants my balls” but honestly I feel like I’m being messed with as I have been in the past in similar situations. I don’t know how to handle this.

#2: All of the sudden my best friend (or so I thought) and my sister are going out with each other. My sister has a tendency to throw herself at my friends and my team mates. This is very frustrating because both of them knew how I felt before this was even in question at all. Not only that but I wasn’t even told by either of them about it, I found out about it through a third party. It’s not so much that they’re dating but that they feel the need to go behind my back about it. It’s also frustrating because of all I’ve done for this friend. He would have quit baseball if it weren’t for me, I comforted him through his uncle’s (my coach’s) death, I got him through his last break-up, and the whole reason him and my sister started dating was because I was helping him out.

My sister was trying to get me to go out with her friend and since I already don’t like the idea of sibling’s dating their sibling’s friends I said no, but I knew my friend was having girl troubles so I got him a date with my sister’s friend, well then my friend ends up on a date with my sister and not her friend for some unforseen reason.

#3: This friend’s ex-gf and I are still friends and we almost started dating, but I told her we should remain friends, because I wanted to show respect for my friend (the one from #2) then he went out with my sister. So now his ex-gf and I are really close friends but I doubt it will go any farther because well, I don’t think either of us want to ruin the friendship and all that stuff.

I’ve just been flustered by all this stuff lately and with no baseball everything is just worse. I’m sorry for stealing your thread Johnny Cello. I just needed some help here. The girl problems really bug me, I’ve never really had a girlfriend and whenever I’ve started dating someone it lasted about a week or two and then the girl would just stop talking to me altoghether abruptly and inexplicably.

Thanks in advance for any helpful words.[/quote]

I will give you the best advice I can.

1. From my experience, either one of two things are happening: you are being messed with and in that case don’t change a thing you are doing. Or two she is dropping hints. Now depending on the girl, if shes really shy than she may be. However if she is a more outgoing person than likely she’s not interested.

2. Nothing you can really do there. I would simply support your friend and your sister, I know we can feel protective of our siblings at times but if he treats her right suck it up. If he treats her like garbage, go out and do the brother thing.

3. If you want to date her, go ahead. If you have feelings for her go ahead.

Overall Pustolio, no matter what you do. NEVER EVER DATE A GIRL FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING A GIRLFRIEND. Trust me girl’s can tell right away if this is happening, of those two girls above if you have some sort of feelings for them and the opportunity arises take it. If you don’t however hang back and the right one will come along. I didn’t have a girlfriend until the very end of my senior year of high school so don’t worry about it.

[quote=“Johnny Cello”]Yeah I know I sound like a loser asking this but im having some issues on this topic. So there is this shy girl that I like at school. I carpool with her in the morning (parents, her older sister too). Her locker is next to mine. Shes in every class that Im in (but PE). How can I get her to like me?

P.S. She is very shy. Easily the shyest in the grade. Man I have weird taste. And I also tend to do stupid things around her. Help? :oops:[/quote]

Don’t feel bad man, and as most of these people have said be yourself above anything else. First off, there is nothing wrong with liking shy girls. I for one like shy girls, they can be some of the sweetest and nicest girls you will ever meet. The only problem is that they tend to be hard to judge if they like you back.

To get her to like you, establish a friendship. A solid friendship, especially with shy girls. Being shy they will not date somebody they don’t know that well. As your friendship grows you will find that she will likely become more and more talkative and outgoing to you.

Be Patient this takes time, trust me. Don’t rush things, its fine to push the envelope a little bit just dont over do it.

I think I figured all of that crap out, thanks for your help Priceless.

Referring to my original post here’s what I’ve figured out.

3). Well I just gave up on even trying to be friends with her anymore because she’s been a complete blankety-blank with a capital C if you know what I mean, and even lied to me about some things.

2). Yeah I’m gonna have to just suck this one up, I’m just bothered that they can’t just talk to me about it. I know this friend will treat her right and idk if it will last anyways since my sis can’t drive and my friend is a good half hour drive away.

1). She’s been more and more obvious and I don’t think I’m really being messed with I thing my one class mate is just really immature. I’m goin for it, I like her and it’s starting to seem like she likes me too.

Things are starting to look up, finally. I don’t think I’ve actually felt this at peace with myself in a long time.

New updates:

So she doesn’t like me. Its obvious. Her best friend says so. Anyways her best friend also told me shes freaked out of me and my two friends. We dont do anything weird, and their both nice (most of the time). So again, what now?

Question #1: How do I get her to like me?
Question #2: How do I stand out above the rest?
Question #3: How do I get her less freaked out of me?
Question #4: There is a dance coming up on the 31st… uh oh…
Question #5: How do I get less nervous around her? (I say and do stupid things around her.)
Question #6: I keep staring at her. Its kind of fun during English but when the teacher says “Begin your assignment” Im lost. How can I take my mind off this?

My friends keep “messing around” w. this whole thing.

Question #7: Is that bad? (above)

Hey Johnny, girls are like baseball, if you think to much youre doomed! :wink: Just play it cool. Do your thing and if she doesnt like you oh well. Im sure their are plenty of other girls crushin on you.