Getting some life on the fastball?

Hey guys, I’m 5’3 and 115 pounds. I’m 13 years old. I’ve been playing competitive baseball all my life and now I’m starting High School next year. This year I’m playing AAU. I’m working on different grips to get tail that I used to have on my 2-seamer. It doesn’t seem to have life anymore. Are there any grips i should try out? I currently use the standard grip with some pressure on my middle finger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sorry. I meant index finger***

Have you changed your arm angle since losing movement on your 2-seam fastball?

What about playing around with different grips? What have you tried?

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]Have you changed your arm angle since losing movement on your 2-seam fastball?

What about playing around with different grips? What have you tried?[/quote] Actually I just taped myself and found that I wasn’t throwing at my old arm angle. I guess I got caught up in the move from 50/70 to 60/90. (Field Dimensions.) Thanks. :slight_smile:

My 2-seam tails quite well naturally i grip with index and middle finger on the 2 seams that form into the horseshow if that makes sense. Arm angle most certaintly dictates the movement. Play around a little with different grips google some fastball grips and your only 13 i made the biggest changes in my playing career when i was 16 propelling me from not even getting playing time on varsity in high school to a collegiate player next year. Keep focusing and improving and read up best of luck.

you could pronate a bit at realease point, that always works on my 2 seamer/sinker to get some drop and tail

make it a little off center. use index finger pressure to make it tail away. use middle to make sink