Getting noticed

Well this is my first year playing since '02… since then i have screwed up my knee… and my elbow 2 yrs. ago… And im a junior and want to make Varsity outta 20 some guys… mostly sophmores and freshmen…
I play 1B, 3B, and P.
Any tips on being noticed will help…
Thanks Guys
Greg

I am also trying to make varsity this year. When I made the Freshman team last year we had about 30 kids trying out and only half the kids made the team. I made sure that if i made a bad play or if I was upset with anything, to not show an emotion about it. You just have to collect yourself and get it next time. Make sure your using two hands when warming up and throwing or fielding (when someone throws the ball to you almost put your thumbs together). Make sure you do those type of little things. If there is something on the ground thats not supposed to be there, or if someone could trip on it, pick it up. If you miss a pitch, get right back into your stance and get ready for the next pitch. Remember, some coaches only spend a few minutes on a player and they are trying to select the top 15 or so out of the 30-50 kids that try out. When you pitch make sure you are consistent and hit your spots. Be smooth with your mechanics. Try your best and dont let your emotions get the best of you (even when you make a great play, dont make a big deal about it, just move on no matter how good you feel). I hope this helps.

Well theres only like 24 to 28 guys playing… but imma dive after balls and everything else cause i have to sit out 3 days cause i dont have my physical yet… ugh

Well make sure you show up in baseball pants and with all your equiptment, coaches don’t wanna’ see a player come in torn jeans and in need of a glove.

[quote=“greg516”]Well this is my first year playing since '02… since then i have screwed up my knee… and my elbow 2 yrs. ago… And im a junior and want to make Varsity outta 20 some guys… mostly sophmores and freshmen…
I play 1B, 3B, and P.
Any tips on being noticed will help…
Thanks Guys
Greg[/quote]

work ethics, thats pretty much what my coach looks for he says he’ll take a guy that works hard and has decent talent over a superstar that doesnt work anyday… stand out, always answer yes sir, no sir, yes coach, or whatever. good luck.

Ya that is mostly what my dad told me to do… So im taking 3B off my list of positions and just gonna say 1B and P…

hey pustulio… manny ramirez showed up to tryouts with like no equipment… the coach was like wheres all ur stuff… he’s just like i heet i heet… they threw their best pitcher at him… BOMBED em

Well I got noticed the first day of practiced… We start pitching monday… arm a lil sore… but ya… practicing outfield… and caught every ball and made the ball back to the coach…

I absolutely stunned the 2 outfield coaches with my speed…
Imagined… 5ft11 268lbs. guy running balls to the wall.

I started this past week too so im sore too. But its all good.

I’m just starting to pitch this year and i’m a junior.

[quote=“Greg516”] Any tips on being noticed will help…
Thanks Guys
Greg[/quote]

You are 5-11, 268 and run like a rabbit.

What else do you need to get noticed? If you can hit, you won’t have any problems making the team!