Getting healthy

After getting injured, I want to get into a better workout routine and better shape for the time when I can start throwing again…so…I have decided to do the jobes, core, and tubing exercises in one of Stevens articles, along with sprints and a running program in an article. I also am wanting to go on a good diet, so if you guys can post some good foods for a good diet that would be nice…I’m starting all of this, this weekend, saturday…thanks

Chicken breast
Peanut butter (PB & J is pretty solid, especially on a whole grain bread)
Freshfruit (I like taking vanilla yogurt and cutting fresh strawberries, mixing it together)
Leaner beef
Drink plenty of water, you feel better, although you will go to the bathroom more

The best general guide line I have heard, is things with color, and things that are not individually wrapped in a box, lol, although I won’t pretend to avoid all those things, they are incredibly convenient when packing school lunches.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]Chicken breast
Peanut butter (PB & J is pretty solid, especially on a whole grain bread)
Freshfruit (I like taking vanilla yogurt and cutting fresh strawberries, mixing it together)
Leaner beef
Drink plenty of water, you feel better, although you will go to the bathroom more

The best general guide line I have heard, is things with color, and things that are not individually wrapped in a box, lol, although I won’t pretend to avoid all those things, they are incredibly convenient when packing school lunches.[/quote]haha thanks a lot man, im really not looking forward to start out the year as the dh, but i guess ill have to deal with it for 2-3 weeks

That’s rough, looks like you have a bright future ahead though. Out of curiousity what’s it like up in ND right now, I’m 13 games into my season in NC and we’ve been lucky with some great weather.

That’s rough, looks like you have a bright future ahead though. Out of curiousity what’s it like up in ND right now, I’m 13 games into my season in NC and we’ve been lucky with some great weather.[/quote]5 games in our schedule have been cancelled, it just snow stormed yesterday, and our next game is friday, its a 50/50 chance we will play haha

This is a pretty simple guideline: http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/power12.html

[quote=“kc86”]This is a pretty simple guideline: http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/power12.html[/quote]thanks! that all looks good, i was pretty much thinking all those things, i duno if i wanna eat peanut butter plain tho

Grab a slice of whole wheat bread and you are good to go. Toasted whole wheat english muffins with natural peanut butter is one of the greatest things ever :smiley: Or you could spread some PB on apple slices, or celery. It’s a very versatile food (and tasty).

KC, what’s your favorite brand of natural peanut butter?

I don’t really have one. Right now I have Skippy Natural. Not nearly as healthy as some other brands, but it is easy to find in a normal grocery store. If you go to Costco, or a whole foods market, you can grab the more natural stuff. The ingredients are just peanuts and salt. The taste is a bit different, since most PB has lots of sugar in it, but you get used to it after a while.