Getting back into it

I am looking to get back into pitching. I’m 6’4, 165 lbs, and I’m nineteen years old. I stopped playing regularly when i was around thirteen. However I recently have been going out with a friend of mine and pitching to him. I still have my accuracy and some power, but i havent had the chance to get a hold of a radar gun so i can’t really say how fast, he estimates 80’s but who knows. I guess my question is, is it too late for me to start playing again?

[quote=“hunter317”]I am looking to get back into pitching. I’m 6’4, 165 lbs, and I’m nineteen years old. I stopped playing regularly when i was around thirteen. However I recently have been going out with a friend of mine and pitching to him. I still have my accuracy and some power, but i havent had the chance to get a hold of a radar gun so i can’t really say how fast, he estimates 80’s but who knows. I guess my question is, is it too late for me to start playing again?[/quote]i don’t think you could do it, but your going to have to work a lot harder than other people because you’ve been out for so long, question…are you in college? if you are, get hold of your baseball coach and tell him your interested in playing and get in a workout program and throwing program, if your not in college, i’d suggest start working out, weights, running, & throwing and get hold of some colleges or college camps where they could see you play a little

Try. You might not be able to start out at a big school or anything, but dont let the “College Players” Intimidate you. If your good enough, you can obviously play. Just because people play college baseball, doesnt necessarily mean they are better than you.

i guess one upside to it is i still got a fresh arm

It never hurts to try, try and go to the college’s walk-on tryout and if you are good enough there then the coach will take you. Right now I can say it is definitly too late to try and walk on. But next yr is still a possibility.

2 words of advice Long toss and run distance :lol: