Getting back into baseball

Hey, it’s been ten years since I actually played baseball. I have been in the gym and have improved my weight lifting quite a bit. I am able to bench 315 lbs. and squat 425. I am just wondering if this will hold me back as a pitcher. I have put on body weight and mass, I weigh 185 lbs now. So as I pitch, I can still throw hard. I was wondering I you could help me get back into the a baseball routine. I don’t have much time, for I am deployed in Iraq right now. I hope you can give me some advise on where to start preparing for a tryout. Thank you for your time.

Kevin

I’d say the best thing you could do is throw. I don’t know if you’ve got the ability to throw a little bit every day, but it’s the best thing you could do at this point in your career because you clearly have the strength.

I’ve got a complete 90-day and 60-day pre-season throwing program in my revised, second edition e-book: “The Complete Pitcher’s Ultimate Guide,” which you may find beneficial. Those throwing programs are similar to those used in the Chicago Cubs organization in which I played and both prep the throwing arm in a controlled, but progressive manner.