Getting back after a bad performance

Hey guys,
I’ve started my teams last two games and i’ve just been terrible. My team has made a couple of errors, but no excuses, i’ve just been getting hit hard. I’ve been really down about these performances and wondering how some of you get over these kinds of outings… any help greatly appreciated.

thanks,
joel

There’s no sure fire answer to this. Just shrug it off. The best major league pitchers who have ever lived have had off days , slumps and what not. Just think of it in this way: it was the other teams day not yours. end of story.

[quote=“GottyJ”]There’s no sure fire answer to this. Just shrug it off. The best major league pitchers who have ever lived have had off days , slumps and what not. Just think of it in this way: it was the other teams day not yours. end of story.[/quote]Id add to that…work harder, if your teammates arent making plays, get after them in practice and push them harder to make the plays, dont bash them but get them more active in practice, make them take twice as many groudballs, and also, like gottyj said, shrug it off, its only a couple starts, your career isint over cuz of it

the best way to come back is to get back on the mound and don’t even think about your past performance. This happend to me 2 weeks ago. I started the game and put my team in the whole by 9 runs. i threw 33 pitches before i got taken out. i was pissed, i was frustrated, i had no idea what i did wrong. I had almost 2 weeks before i got to pitch again. My team took a trip down to cocoa beach to play some games. I came in relief twice and threw 3 innings both times. I did great. The only thing i can say i did differently was the first time i got back on the mound i was loose, i wasn’t tense at all. Nothing was in my mind but pitching. I was joking around with my infield while i was warming up. I was calm and focused. idk if this will help or not but i just thought i would try. i’ve learned to be calm up there. Usually before games i wouuld listen to heavy metal and try and get pumped up. Well, this just made me tense. Just be yourself, stay calm, and focus.