Get sick and tired

All I want to do is be a successful pitcher but i can’t do that i have horrible location (get ball in strike zone 1-20 times) my mechanics are horrible its hard to be a good pitcher if you can’t even master a pitch.[size=24][/size]
PLEASE DESPITE ALL I MAY HAVE SAID TO YOU HELP ME BECOME SUCCESSFUL

There are alot of variables with helping you out. I don’t recall seeing your mechanics? Are they on here??? If they are, then I’d suggest taking some peoples advice that posted. Plenty of smart minds on this site.

As far as location goes, first things first, command the fastball! You gotta stick with something and not always be trying to change your delivery or position. So, first and foremost, throw your fastball for a strike. Secondly, try and locate that fastball in the strike zone. Then move onto your breaking balls.

I only throw a fastball have been for last 2 months can’t even come close

It’s gonna take time, especially if you’ve been fooling around with different arm slots/different positions. Your body needs time to make the adjustment, even if your brain is telling you that your ready to throw strikes.

Submarine Thrower,

May I suggest that you make a serious search of your local area and find a local coach with whom you can take lessons?

Internet advice can be very good for people who already have confidence in their ability to sort through all of the conflicting opinion. LTP, especially, has lots of valuable information…but you need to have the tools to sort through it and understand what may be best for you. Also, to reverse the old saying, words are worth one thousandth of a picture. It’s not always a question of whether the words you read here are ‘right’ or ‘wrong’–you are trying to learn physically demanding skills by reading free advice.

Instead, you should realize that your best opportunity to learn any athletic skill probably comes from working with a coach who knows his stuff and who can teach you directly. Doesn’t have to be 1-on-1 lessons. In fact, I personally think small group lessons are far more valuable than 1-on-1 because kids learn from each other and compete with each other in small group settings…small groups just seem to stretch everybody out a little further than 1-on-1.

Please don’t tell me you can’t afford to take lessons. If that’s the case, then I would assert that you are not really setting your priorities toward becoming a pitcher.

Please don’t tell me that you cannot find even one local coach who will give you reasonable instruction in pitching in return for your money. It may not be trivial to find this person, but you should be able to do it if you really are serious, no?

alright, next time you have a bullpen, take a video camera, film yourself, upload it to youtube, post it on here and let the fun begin, as for control and that stuff, at the age of 16 i was a pitcher who could throw hard but couldnt throw strikes at all, jus let us help u and if we cant, get a personal coach

Idunno, do Coach Baker’s sock drill lol, http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5221 . All kidding aside, touch and feel drills are very helpful for me. Although I haven’t pitched since forever, I still go out and toss the ball around in backyard. I know it helps me imensely if I had someone out there with me tossing the ball around. Nothing too hard, just…a nice paced toss.

I’m not sure if this will work for you because you are a submarine pitcher, but this is what I usually do every so often to get my control back. For a 3/4 pitcher like me, I often find myself squared to the cather when the ball has released. So basically my shoulders are parallel with the front of home plate. To work on my accuracy, I go to about 45 feet away from the plate and aim at specific location on my net. Usually its working on the left and right side of the plate. I toss to the left and right about 15 each. 45 feet is pretty close. It’s basically stepping and throwing. This helps my arm find its “slot” and I’m trying to keep it loose and vibrant. After 15 throws, I move back a few steps, probably to 60 feet. I’m not zipping the ball in, just a lite lob. Remember I’m still squared to the plate. So its just step and throw. I lob 20 to the left and right. After that, I move to about 75 and continue the same thing.

You may try that if you like. I can get up to 120 with just lobbing the ball to the sides. 120 is my max, lol and I often miss the target. 90 is pretty tough also, but I have much more control there than at 120. Have a pen and paper and map out your progress. Remember it may take you a few weeks to feel where you arm should go. Once you have the location down, try throwing a bit harder until you get it.

You may try that if you like. I’m no coach, but it seems to work for me. Basically it’s to help you find your arm slot and pattern for the final portions of your windup. After you’ve masterd that, start at the leg kick. Then try out of the wind-up.

Remember, this is just a suggestion. It works for me, but may not work for you.

Yesterday I was working on control I threw tennis ball at a box and I found some improvement (15 out of 50) normally my arm hurts when i throw but
i found I was opening just a little to early so when i fixed that arm didn’t hurt.
I found a pitching coach (better than before) and he said he’ll do it for free.
My pitching coach is Robert Miller, my 7th grade English Teacher. I pitched at Plattsburgh College and was drafted by Yankees but instead chose to be a teacher.I’ll try to keep ya posted thank you for help

re: "…My pitching coach is Robert Miller, my 7th grade English Teacher. I pitched at Plattsburgh College and was drafted by Yankees but instead chose to be a teacher.I’ll try to keep ya posted thank you for help

15 years old 5’11 150 pounds "

-------------Can you please explain any of this?

sorry for typo meant "he"instead of “I”