Genesis 1

I am doing this one a little different. I got tired of going day by day and putting up the program. I am just going to put interesting stuff up on the pitcher like showcases and games, maybe good practices.

Gen1
Starting Age : 14
Starting MPH: 76 MPH
Pitches: FB, “Get me over” CB

Today
Stalker reading: 90 MPH (sat 89 - 90)
Pitches: FB,
12-6 CB (Rated ++ by scout last monday)
Slider
Change Up

Today, Gen1 went to a scout workout. Scout called up and wanted him to throw to some live batters at a workout he was having. Gen1 topped out at 90 mph and threw his slider, 12-6 curve, and change for strikes. Hitters were swinging wood and that didnt go very well. Didnt have a ball hit hard or out of the infield. Majority of guys hitting were big time D1 signees

Stats from summer ball:

W-L: 6-0
IP: 35
H: 16
Ks: 60
BB: 9
R: 7
ER: 4
ERA: 0.8
Shut Outs: 3

[quote=“Prometheus”]
Gen1
Starting Age : 14
Starting MPH: 76 MPH
Pitches: FB, “Get me over” CB

Today
Stalker reading: 90 MPH (sat 89 - 90)
Pitches: FB,
12-6 CB (Rated ++ by scout last monday)
Slider
Change Up[/quote]

Wow-

Got any recent video?

That’s an amazing velocity jump for one year. How did you do it?

Brian

Well, I should tell you that it has been 15 months of training, not 12.
I dont have any video right now because the camera I have is on of those high speed cameras that have a lap top and everything with it so needless to say, it is a little bulky to carry to the games and set up.

We have done a little of everything to get his speed up. I designed the program after about 6 years of studying pitching. It is a good bit of throwing, prehab work, weight training, and conditioning right now since his season was just finished. He has progressed pretty quickly for the year but makes the majority of jumps in the off season. For example, he jumped from 76 to 82 after a month and 1/2 in the summer of 09. Then he hurt his shoulder playing around with a tennis racket and dropped back down to 76 in july of last year. After that he only had one other “accident” while at school. So from August of 2009 to Feb of 2010, he went from sitting 76 to 86

Throwing is a big key though, we probably throw about 5 times a week between catch and bullpens. Also, another thing that worked with him is when we really started working the muscles in the upper back. That seemed to throw the MPH on him. I mean work it hard in the weight room, not just prehab exercises.

Invite only Showcase coming up this weekend. 31 kids playing in it are already signed to D1 schools. Looks like it will be some fun and lets hope it goes well.

Just got word that Gen1 is pitching in the first game of the showcase so that is good news. Weather isnt supposed to be great saturday or sunday so he will def. get his innings on friday. Last year, there were over 100 scouts at this showcase.

Didnt do as well as he had in the Pirate workout. Sat 87-89. No hitter made hard contact but errors and two walks got him for an earned run in three innings. Also had 5 ks. Starting to get contact from big D1 schools.

Started getting offers from some big D1s. He decided to go ahead and commit to the defending national champs, South Carolina.

I thought coaches had to wait until there Junior or Senior year to contact you he is 15 right? either way thats an amazing feat to be able to commit to the defending champs as a soph in high school 90 MPH is no joke at that age and they must see that congrats.

Thats truely great though now for the next 2 years he doesnt have to worry about which school to pick all that mess and just focus on his game did he get offered a scholorship or anything?

“Also, another thing that worked with him is when we really started working the muscles in the upper back. That seemed to throw the MPH on him. I mean work it hard in the weight room, not just prehab exercises”

Same thing happened to me. Went from doing 50 lbs rows to 100 lbs row last offseason, went from throwing 80-82 to 84-86.

He is about to enter the 11th grade, his mom put him in school early. The rule is that they can only talk to kids when they are on their campus. The showcase that he went to is held at USC so the coaches had free reign to talk to anyone they wanted. Said that they cant put anything on paper because that would be against the NCAA rules but they did verbally offer and he accepted.

[quote=“Priceless”]“Also, another thing that worked with him is when we really started working the muscles in the upper back. That seemed to throw the MPH on him. I mean work it hard in the weight room, not just prehab exercises”

Same thing happened to me. Went from doing 50 lbs rows to 100 lbs row last offseason, went from throwing 80-82 to 84-86.[/quote]

It works very well. I wasnt sure how much I believed the theory of your arm will only throw as fast as your posterior muscles will stop but I believe it now. Gen1 went from throwing 82 one day to 76 the next because he stretch the back shoulder muscle playing with that tennis racket and made it weak, kind of like when you twist your ankle. I added some rear delt flys and Rows every now and then to strengthen everything and his speed shot back up in no time.

Heres a unique exercise I found that I like, the guy that is doing this is a trainer for the Mets:

That burns just looking at it. Should be a great exercise

Gen1 taking the next two weeks off from throwing. Still lifting and running

“He is about to enter the 11th grade, his mom put him in school early.”

Is he young enough to be reclassified as class of 2013 instead of class of 2012?

Yeah, that is what I am saying. He is only a month older than our sophmore catcher. His mom thought about holding him back but decided against it. He should be in the class of 2013 but he is class of 2012

An article about Gen1 committing. Marked out name because I dont like using them in forums.

The USC baseball team added a commitment for its 2012 class Sunday from --------. --------is rated among the top players in the state for his class and one of the top prospects in the Southeast.

-------- is thought of as as good athlete who could project as a front line pitcher for the Gamecocks. He’s the fifth commitment for USC’s 2012 class

Congrats to you and Gen 1!

Keep up the good work…

Brian

Thanks, We will try. His little brother is starting to get pretty serious because of what Gen1 is doing so I will probably start a Gen2 before long