Genesis 1

This is a personal log for my first student, Genesis 1. The program we will be using is a prototype that I have developed and hope to improve in order to start a baseball school. I have recently finished college and have been working with Genesis for 9 months. During the initial program, which he started in May of 09 and finished in January of 10, he gained 10 mph on his four seam fastball. He is pitching for his school at this time so our program will be a little short these next few months but we will turn the intensity back up after the season.

Stats:

Height: 6’2

Weight: 184

Radar Reading from last game: 85-86 mph

I look forward to reading your posts about the program :smiley:

Thanks, I like the results we have gotten so far. The only thing that has me wondering what could have been is the fact that the pitcher had two arm injuries during the training that he received from other sports. So during the nine months we trained, we had to start the program over twice because of the injuries. Had he been able to go through the entire program, there is a possibility that he could’ve been throwing high eights or maybe low nines right now.

Sun, Apr. 4 - Two days after pitching

Dynamic Warm-Up
Tubing Drills
Long Toss as far as comfortable
Strength Training
Poles - 1 to 3 rest ratio
Cool down

What kind of strength training?

It is pretty basic. We do 2 to 1 pull to press exercises because we need very good “brakes” to pitch and because pressing exercises put a great amount of strain on the shoulder. We do push-ups and other substitutes for bench press. If the guys do want to bench, then I make the do it with their palms facing each other. This takes some of the strain off the shoulder but not much. With legs, we do a bunch of lunge type movements, just trying to train specifically for pitching. Core stability and posture are very important so we do some physio-ball training. It doesnt feel like you are doing anything but you are.

Monday, April 5

Dynamic Warm-up
Tubing
Bull Pen - 45 pitches divided into 3 seperate innings
Cardio
Cool Down

Tuesday, April 6

Had team practice and said he needs a day off. Back at it tomorrow

Wednesday, April 7

Dynamic Warm-up
Tubing
Long Toss
Work on a few pitches with short pen
Cardio
Cool Down

Just set long term goals:

Jan. 2011

Velo - 92+
Have three pitches that he can throw for strikes at any time. FB, CH, CB
Strive for perfect mechanics
Better mental game

I usually dont like setting velocity goals but I think he has a better than legit shot at making this on.

Thursday, April 8

Dynamic Warm-up
Strength Training
Cool Down

Firday, April 9

Dynamic Warm-Up
Tubing Drills
Bull Pen - Working on Change
Cardio
Cool Down

Saturday, April 10

Off