Game 2 Chat- Yes I know this is not "Chat Room" fo

For all the time I’ve been here, the chat room forum is the least useful thing I have ever seen. No one visits it and posting there just doesn’t work.

So, if we all want to chat, why not make it noticeable?

Let’s have a game two chat. Hopefully people will be there this time…

phillies win the world series

I will say Bakers, about a year ago at this time the chat room was in full bloom. You’d log in there just about every night and find 3 or 4 other people in there. Good place to chat when you’re bored. People need to start gettin’ back in there.

:farmerjohn: :guitar: :bubblegum: :band: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :ole: :call: :silent: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :rolllaugh: :dance: :drunkard: :drunkard: :drunkard: :drunkard: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Dear Phillies,

:no: , :buhbye: , :nono: , :thumbsdown: , and lastly but NOT least => :chair:

Sincerely,
Rays

P.S.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: 8) 8) 8) 8) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :nod: :nod: :nod: :applause: :applause: :applause:

P.P.S. without Kaz ( :frowning: :frowning: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) so far I’m alone. Anyone else for the Rays???

Dear Rays,

How can we choke if we won 97 games after winning 66 games, last in the league, last in the MLB, and are now in the World Series. If anything, it’s an foretelling about what’s to come for years (but the Yankees will win all of them of course).

:shock: Yeah I was thinking that last night. You look at the nucleus of there team, there average age must be about 25! This is definitely a bad sign for the aging AL east teams.

Don’t say Yankees.
Mussina – sure he’s old but he won’t stick around much longer and he just got 20 WINS.
A-Rod, Jeter – 32. Don’t say them.
Pettitte – should retire.
Rivera – yeah, right.
Posada – sure, but look at his 2007 stats. Plus we have a good minor league catcher (AA I think, forget his name). And Dioner Navarro came from the Yanks’ system.

Joba – good.
Wang – sweet.
Hughes – good future.
Kennedy – eh.
Cano – yes.
Melky – maybe.

Nady – yessss.
Most of bullpen – probably.

But overall, you’re right, 13. What an amazing division as the Orioles aren’t too far away from .500.

Comeon Peavy, you know your Yanks are getting old man!

You forgot to mention guys like Giambi and Damon, who are getting older.

Posada is starting to show his age.

Jeter’s season was waaaay down compared to his average.

Arod is still a stud.

Pettitte is definitely looking older and still gonna eat up 20 mill a year.

How can you say they aren’t getting older? Not to mention they sold the farm for some of these new guys. Hughes and Stewart have looked like absolute garbage. So how are the Yanks going to compete against Boston, Tampa, and heck even Toronto? They are in trouble.

Rays are the present and future!

yankees only have 1 position starter in his prime, and thats mr unclutch arod. they have so many needs they are far away from their old days of being very good. areas of need: 1stbaseman, centerfield (your kidding yourself if you think melky or gardner is the answer), catcher (posada not an everyday catcher), 2ndbaseman (cano cant make it in ny anymore), setup man (if they stupidly put joba in the rotation), a big starter. but other than that the yanks are in good shape.

they should really look at the sox for the model franchise. sure sox have a high payroll but they also have alot of young players from their own farm system. thats the answer to winning not buying big free agents.

[quote=“Hammer”]Comeon Peavy, you know your Yanks are getting old man!

You forgot to mention guys like Giambi and Damon, who are getting older.

Posada is starting to show his age.

Jeter’s season was waaaay down compared to his average.

Arod is still a stud.

Pettitte is definitely looking older and still gonna eat up 20 mill a year.

How can you say they aren’t getting older? Not to mention they sold the farm for some of these new guys. Hughes and Stewart have looked like absolute garbage. So how are the Yanks going to compete against Boston, Tampa, and heck even Toronto? They are in trouble.[/quote]

Should still beat out Toronto, especially -Burnett.

I realize they’re getting old, and yes you’re right I forgot Damon (never a fan of him). We should unload Giambi and possibly Abreu, which is why I didn’t mention them.

Our farm system is really focused on pitching, which I dunno is a good thing or a bad thing. We should target Sabathia, Burnett, or (Heaven on Earth) Peavy sigh this ain’t gonna happen. Teixeira would be good because 1B isn’t too strong.

But yes, I realize we’re not young, but still without injuries we’d be right there.

[quote=“tdbaseball”]yankees only have 1 position starter in his prime, and thats mr unclutch arod. they have so many needs they are far away from their old days of being very good. areas of need: 1stbaseman, centerfield (your kidding yourself if you think melky or gardner is the answer), catcher (posada not an everyday catcher), 2ndbaseman (cano cant make it in ny anymore), setup man (if they stupidly put joba in the rotation), a big starter. but other than that the yanks are in good shape.

they should really look at the sox for the model franchise. sure sox have a high payroll but they also have alot of young players from their own farm system. thats the answer to winning not buying big free agents.[/quote]

Cano can’t make it in NY?

no they are already trying to trade cano. some players dont like all the media and cant handle it. hes a lazy player that doesnt play to his potential and they should try to trade him now while he still has value.

Look I live in NYC so I know about the media and how the “jogging to the ball” incident was blown up. Girardi handled it well and god knows how many times I heard Michael Kay say Cano was benched because of that. Other than that his style of play (a lot like B.J. Upton’s – smooth, fluid) is misinterpreted as lazy. It’s just the way he plays – you all know how many times in the playoffs Upton has “glided” according to the commentators. Would I give him up in a deal for Peavy? Bad example from me – bias. A trade for Johan last year (even though they wanted Melky)? Yes. But the point is he is a young 2B who, granted he needs some maturing, is close to hitting his prime. Scouts said that he is someone who can win batting titles for years to come, and you have to agree with that. He suffered an absolutely terrible first couple of months, but as usual bounced back in the second half to raise his average.

Point is, Cano is one of the young Yankees that could mature into a leader, winner, and a great player. It all depends on the deal, but he should stay in NY, and even though the media blows up incidents like nowhere else, he is a good but young player. He is not a lazy player – would you call Upton a lazy player? No. Same point with Robbie.

He’s staying in NY unless a big (and young) name is coming into NYC that can play 2B.

first of all i would call upton a lazy selfish player. anybody that gets benched 3 times during regular season for not hustling and then does the same thing in the world series has some problems.

cano will never be a leader. he makes alot of plays look easy which could make him look lazy but how many times have you seen him dive for a ball. i dont think i ever have. i heard a rumor about cano and a prospect, maybe kennedy who defintely isnt a prospect, for beltran. if im the yanks i trade cano as soon as i can.