Gain velocity and get shoulder back to 100%

I tore my labrum I had surgery went to therapy and even after I still don’t feel 100%. When I’m warming up I’m throwing hard but only short distance and In the field it just seems like I’m hardly throwing. What could I do to get back to 100% and gain velocity?

KFrye3,

“I tore my labrum I had surgery went to therapy and even after I still don’t feel 100%.”

The best course at this point is to understand why you tore the periphery of the Labrum, so you can then avoid the pathomechanic that caused it!

According to the leading Kinesiological scientist in overhead throwing you separate the alignment of the Humerus and the Acromial line (Line running shoulder tip to tip) when lengthening.
Therefore: when you shorten (drive) the rotational phase the angle is contracted against and pulls the Head of the Humerus laterally across it’s cavity rubbing hard against the anterior periphery of the Labrum. The Bicep tendon attaches at this periphery of the labrum and is sometimes involved.
Not only at that point! later when you contract forwardly the head of the Humerus slides back the other way perturbing the posterior Labrum and upwardly.

This causes a secondary problem that sometimes manifests first called Laxity in the Ligaments with every assault, Laxity = instability and “dead arm” syndrome.

Kinesiological mitigation would have you keep the head of the Humerus centered in it’s cavity through the whole process of lengthening and shortening by keeping the longitudinal line of the Humerus in line with the acromial line. Many MLB pitchers attain close to this.

“When I’m warming up I’m throwing hard but only short distance and In the field it just seems like I’m hardly throwing.”

Learn how to walk forwards (Crow stepping) and throw by fully rotating 180 degrees so your acromial line ends up back in line with your acetabular line (imaginary Line that runs through the pelvis). This can easily be done by popping you ball side elbow up instead of pulling it down! Your Humerus will stay centered in it’s Fossa.

“ What could I do to get back to 100% and gain velocity?”

First you have atrophied and must become “sport specifically fit” ! The only way you can achieve resistance enough in your throws is with Wrist weight (holds) and heavy lead balls (releases), general training does not cut it.

This will also teach you how to arrive correctly and drive correctly