Future of pitching?

I was thinking there is a rising number of “switch pitchers” in little league and high school. Do you think this will eventually be the norm in the MLB? I think at some point there will be alot of switch pitchers in the MLB and minor leagues

dude just pick either righty or lefty and work on being dominant on one side. no switch pitching wont happen in mlb.

I would say there is a chance to see one here or there, but it’s doubtful. It’s not like hitting, swinging a bat switch is a whole lot easier than throwing swtich. But…there is more interest into this subject so we’ll see if there is a chance of a few of these pitchers in the future. It’d be a good weapon, you could really increase your pitch count.

Not sure there is a possibility but it’s pretty doubtful that it will become the norm.

It will never be the norm for MLB for the same reason that switch hitting isn’t the norm. Not enough people are capable of performing at a professional level from both sides.

no although I dont see why people who injure their dominant arm cant learn to throw from the other side? doesnt it make sense like if they get TJ they will be out 14 months and they could easily get their opposite side up to par in that time if they were dedicated.

switch hitting is getting there though how many swith hitters are there? a bunch i know that.

[quote=“tdbaseball”]dude just pick either righty or lefty and work on being dominant on one side. no switch pitching wont happen in mlb.
[/quote]

i’m not saying I wanted to do it. I was just wondering if it could be a norm like 50 years from now

What people dont realize is that its considerably easier to switch hit than it is to switch pitch. If you havent been throwing from the opposite side from a very young age, chances are you wont get it. I know I can hardly throw the ball 20 feet left handed. DOnt try it. Seriously. Just dont. No I mean seriously. Just dont.