Freshman

I’m entering my freshman year, just turned 14
I’m still waiting for my growth spurt for when I become full height
I’m the first class in my high school, so there is only a freshman team even though we have a really strong class of freshman coming in
I throw mid to high 70’s right now at 130 lbs and 5’11
I was wondering are there any other ways to get noticed by scouts not playing Varsity?
And I was also wondering if my velocity is good enough right now

[quote]I was wondering are there any other ways to get noticed by scouts not playing Varsity?
And I was also wondering if my velocity is good enough right now[/quote]

Yes the velo is ok, keep working to improve.
There are many ways to get noticed. First, I’d find out if there are any colleges in your area and see if they have camps/clinics (It’s one way to continue to improve that velocity in a realitively safe manner). Attend as many as you can, hustle your behind off, pay attention, work hard, ask intelligent questions. This is the sort of thing that gets people to pay attention. An example that I am currently wearing out is my son just got a full ride scholarship, the coach who offered the scholarship, saw him and remembered him as a freshman at a camp. Make the impression, give it your very best shot.
Look for a very reputable travel squad to join, that also will allow you to continue to develop in a very competitive atmosphere.
Do not get too caught up yet in worry about scouts…worry instead about keeping your grades as high as possible, learning how to condition yourself properly, arm health and maintenance and making your mechanics as efficient as possible. Once you get there…you’ll find that the scouting will be there. Hard work, dedication and determination will get you where you are going. Work extra hard when no one is watching…every single time!!