Found Me A New Position!

Last game I played RF. And I loved it, its more peaceful than the infield.
Even though I like 3rd base better.
But the outfield is nice, but i dont have much speed to catch up with gap shots. :lol:

[quote=“king.navarro34”]Last game I played RF. And I loved it, its more peaceful than the infield.
But the outfield is nice, but i dont have much speed to catch up with gap shots. :lol:[/quote]

Get good jumps you won’t have to worry about speed as much.

For years I’ve put promising pitchers in right field during the pre-season and had them stand next to our regular guys - with permission of the fielding coach and the head coach.

Right field gives a guy an excellent view of what’s unfolding play wise and how the fielding unit reacts to every pitch. Why? Well because a good fielding unit should have somewhat of a high level of expectation pitch after pitch. The batting order logic, repetitive frequency of a particual hitter, picther’s tendency in the later innings, pitcher’s tendency when “on” and when “not on”, and even how the grass is cut and how that’ll influence those balls that drop in the gap.

So, when a guy gets on the mound, having somewhat of a persepective of what’s going on behind him is a good thing - not that he has to make a career out of it, just an appreciation.

My only advice to a group of guys that I send out is … " Geessze louise don’t hurt yourself out there by trying to play outfielder!!!"

Coach B.

[quote=“king.navarro34”]Last game I played RF. And I loved it, its more peaceful than the infield.
But the outfield is nice, but i dont have much speed to catch up with gap shots. :lol:[/quote]

I love the outfield, I’ve played there regularly since I was 13 (was a 1B mainly when I was 11 and 12) and man I don’t get the appeal of infield over outfield, I love the thrill of charging a bloop and having to watch out for the fence when you’re going back to the track. I love making the big long throws through the cutoff man’s head, I like 1st, I like pitching but nothing compares to the outfield, especially my trademarked knee powerslide catches (lol jk about the TM).

And to anyone that wants to DH, it’s really not all that fun especially when you’re the only guy in the dugout that knows how to run book, but playing the field is more fun than sitting the bench and then getting up to hit every so often (and make sure you get loose before you go on deck trust me lol).