Forearm & tricept pain

I am 12 years-old and pitch for my little league team. I have pitched 6 innings total in 5 games and have thrown under 75 pitches total. My last outing was one inning 15 pitches. After that my upper forearm and tricept area hurt so badly that I could not continue. My hand was shaking after that last inning. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with tendonitis. I have not thrown much this year at all so I question it being an overuse injury.

Has anyone had something similar to this? What do you recommend? My coach, will not let me pitch until I am cleared. Can someone help?

[quote=“12Pitch14”]I am 12 years-old and pitch for my little league team. I have pitched 6 innings total in 5 games and have thrown under 75 pitches total. My last outing was one inning 15 pitches. After that my upper forearm and tricept area hurt so badly that I could not continue. My hand was shaking after that last inning. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with tendonitis. I have not thrown much this year at all so I question it being an overuse injury.

Has anyone had something similar to this? What do you recommend? My coach, will not let me pitch until I am cleared. Can someone help?[/quote]

Sounds like you may have a serious problem with your mechanics.

Do you have a video of yourself throwing?

I don’t have a video of myself. Short of seeing a video do you have any thoughts? I think and have been told by other coaches that I have pretty good form for a 12 year-old. I try to use my legs as much as possible.

What pitches do you throw?

4 and 2 seam fastball and ocassionally a change which is more of a palm ball.

What you are describing is really weird given the pitches you throw and how little you throw.

I would get a second opinion from another doctor.

I would also suggest either posting a video of yourself or getting a few lessons from an experienced pitching instructor.

Overuse isn’t always something that happens over a long period. Overuse can be relative. An arm that has had little use can be injured by a relatively small amount of activity. You also don’t say what else you do other than pitch. Other types of throwing, ie catchers, third basemen, etc. can lead to arm problems.

The important thing is to see a doctor and not let some internet quack tell you he can fix your problems by looking at your mechanics.