For kc86 or centerfield

I only ask for you guys because I believe you two have some of the most knowledge on the subjects of workouts this is the one I have come up with:

done three days a week for now

Full body every workout

days in between are agility days

reps and sets on lifts except were noted will be 3x4,6,8,10, or 12 depending on the day to keep mixing things up

DB bench press

Front Squat

Hack Squat

Romanian Deadlift

Bent-over-Rows

Cleans

Russian Twists

Jobes taken form tuffcuff

Med ball Stuff taken form tuffcuff strengh mannual
thats it what do you guys think

do you have Tuff Cuff?

I’m not really a fan of doing the same lifts 3 times a week. You lose a bit of the variety. Also not really a fan of Hack squats for pitchers. Since the weight is behind you, there is a good chance that you could put your shoulders in an odd slot.

Do you think you could put together 2 lifting routines (that way you can rotate each workout between #1 and 2) and then I could make more comments and recommendations?

[quote=“kc86”]I’m not really a fan of doing the same lifts 3 times a week. You lose a bit of the variety. Also not really a fan of Hack squats for pitchers. Since the weight is behind you, there is a good chance that you could put your shoulders in an odd slot.

Do you think you could put together 2 lifting routines (that way you can rotate each workout between #1 and 2) and then I could make more comments and recommendations?[/quote]

He’s probably doing hack squats on this?

Just vary up your squat work… Speed Squats, Dead Stop Squats, Pause squats, etc… in replace of hack squats…

I am pretty much mirroring what KC and lbarber said.

I don’t see a need for hack squats. There are so many ways to back squat and front squat you can vary it up.

I agree that having at least a couple different routines lifts wise. Not only can it be more beneficial but I can assure you, that doing the same 8 lifts 3 times a week will get boring fast. No matter how well you progress.

I’d like to see a fair bit of unilateral work as well. Baseball players can become terribly imbalanced because we go from one direction all the time. Not only does this predispose you to injury but it limits performance as the body wants to be balanced.

Lunges, Split Squats, Step ups, and there million variations are the primary lower body unilateral movements. Single leg romanian deadlifts too!

1 arm presses (horizontal and vertical), 1 arm rows would be upperbody, if your beastly and can do 1 arm pullups than more power to you, but very few can haha. I know there’s tons of options I have just blanked out for the moment.

Here’s a few baseball intended 3 day splits. At the very least some food for thought when you look at designing your own program.
It’s not so much the exercise selection that I feel is worth looking at. It’s the thought process and incites they provide.

Jason Ferrugia’s program
http://www.relentless-athletics.com/strength-training-for-baseball.html

Grant Neary’s adapted Westside for Baseball
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/westside_for_baseball.htm

The hack squat lift I would do is with the bar but I will nex it, as far as two different workouts I will get back to you on that in a few days. Thanx for all the input.

alright I think I have come up with a 3 day split

Reps are the same as before

Mondays

hand cleans
regular squats
chin-ups
Jobes
reverse curls w/ barbell
Abs( taken form tuffcuff)

Wednesdays

lunges w/DB
front squat
offset medball push-ups
Jobes
abs
towel hangs

Friday

DB bench press
Romanian deadlift
step-ups
jobes
abs
Tractor tire flips (down and back= 200 yards)

well thats what seems good to me any suggestions are apprciated

I would add is a horizontal row. Any variation.

I know you’ll get pulling from the tire flips and cleans but you can never have to much back work, and really those are upper back exercises.
Some rowing will keep your mid back developing with the rest of your body and keep your muscles balanced out.

[quote=“sidearmer05”]alright I think I have come up with a 3 day split

Reps are the same as before

Mondays

hand cleans
regular squats
chin-ups
Jobes
reverse curls w/ barbell
Abs( taken form tuffcuff)

Wednesdays

lunges w/DB
front squat
offset medball push-ups
Jobes
abs
towel hangs

Friday

DB bench press
Romanian deadlift
step-ups
jobes
abs
Tractor tire flips (down and back= 200 yards)

well thats what seems good to me any suggestions are apprciated[/quote]

No offense man, but how heavy are the tires? You’re going to do 200 yards of tire flips on the same day as rdl and still be able to maintain form?

the tire is coming of a john deer tractor with a 72 inch deck thats about all I know

Horizontal rows would be a good thing to add thanx

Not enough volume. You are only doing 3 strength movements per workout. 3 sets of 3 exercises is only 3 working sets. I’d like to see anywhere from 18 to 32 working sets in a workout. Try to add dips, deadlift variations, pullups, inverted rows, glute ham raises, etc. There are a ton of choices.

Yeah, wow, I saw the list but my brain didn’t process how many strength exercises were actually there.

I agree with KC on the volume.
Glute ham raises are awesome, and there’s tons of other stuff.
Grip training as well.

I generally lean more towards the lower end for volume.
I will do around 20 sets (not including warmups) in a workout. That doesn’t include Jobes exercises either. Or any medicine ball or plyos.
Max Effort days are generally less than that though.
It is simply what I have found works best for me. But that is mostly because of my body type. I’m fully ectomorph and lean towards less is more.

If you don’t have a problem putting on weight and naturally have some size you can generally handle more volume with great success.

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. If you are doing more stuff in addition to a strength workout - jobes, med ball, plyos, etc. - then you will probably want to stay on the lower end of the volume spectrum.

Im sorry could you specify what glute ham raises are?

You can see some pictures here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/renegade10.htm

kc i have a machine… where its called like a glute isolator… where ur like leaning against a little cushion and u put 1 leg on it and pushi t back… i heard thats suttin similiar to a glute ham. raise

I would just like to throw in there for the chest, I see your doing DB presses. I would add in some DB flyes, there another good chest exercise that have helped me add thickness to my chest, but more importantly because its a really hard stretching exercise it will help to keep your chest loose for pitching.

yeah I had planed on adding thoughs later on in my program, thanx for the info